MP1: $6.30
      MP2: $9.45
      MP3: $9.15
      CO: $11.30
      Button: $0.80
      Hero: $10.10
      BB: $10.05

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with A♥ Q♣
      UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q♠ A♣ T♦ ($0.5, 5 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BB calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 9♥ ($1.3, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls.

River: 2♠ ($3.3, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises all-in $8.55, Hero ??
  • 9 replies
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      I would of raised AQ up 7bb preflop as my pos is crap and to see who's coming with me - then i would of con bet and then if he was still in, - I would put him on the JK sort of hand with that all in - so its probably a fold for me with out any previous knowledge.

I think not betting pre flop was the mistake - hark at me the biggist fish in the pond :)

edited as i mis read the post a bit :tongue:
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd raise PF too. But since the SHC says just call it, it's probably not a mistake in NL10.

Flop and Turn are fine.

River, I'd call, I think it's a close one though. There aren't too many hands that beat you here, only KJ, J8, 99 and 22 (if he had AA, QQ or TT he would've probably raised PF). But he could be holding a lot of two pair combination that you beat, and he could even be bluffing (but that's less likely).

You're getting a little bit more than 2-to-1 on your call, so I'd make the call.
      I'd only fold in this spot if villain is very passive. But against unknown or aggressive in NL10, I'm calling.
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      I was actually thinking about raising PF but after so many limpers I needed to raise to something like 0.7$ and AQo is not the hand I want to put some mych money pf. He had KJ but I am sure he would call pf my raise with it also.
      I think in many cases in this limit could be top pair in his holding or weaker 2 pair.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I don't know if he'd push the river with top pair, it's possible though if he's pretty aggressive. But A9 and A2 are definetely possible.

I'd say that he could be holding a weak Ace and now that he thinks he's probably spliting with your Ace, he pushes to try and take down the whole pot... but I don't believe villain is thinking very often here. :D
    • Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dziurgis
      I was actually thinking about raising PF but after so many limpers I needed to raise to something like 0.7$ and AQo is not the hand I want to put some mych money pf. He had KJ but I am sure he would call pf my raise with it also.
      I think in many cases in this limit could be top pair in his holding or weaker 2 pair.
      If he would have called your pfr with KJ : great, that's +EV for you :p
      You should never be scared off by how many limpers there were in front of you when raising preflop. Consider it as dead money to collect. Any villain with a stronger hand than AQ would have probably raised himself and any pocket pairs limping there can easily be taken out with a cbet on the flop (if they didn't hit their set obviously).
      When you have a strong hand, always try building up a pot when noone else is showing strength. You're letting too many people draw to a potential monster with a limp
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like raising, but often enough you don´t have enough fold equity, since players would limp/call to see flop, limping is also fine.
      River: I´d call, since he can´t represent anything that beat your hand, only KJ.
    • Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      Only 2 spades out there though :p

I do admit that the colours are a bit confusing
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      true, there's no flush on the board. :P
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hellrabbit
      Only 2 spades out there though :p

I do admit that the colours are a bit confusing
      Good that you noticed that.
      Then I´ll go bet/call. He can only represent KJ, but as easily he can shove A2.