This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 JJ

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      6max zoom table.

Preflop: Is it okay to just call here? I was afraid to isolate myself vs better hands since it's already a 3bet and it would be very hard to play OOP, so I just wanted to setmine.

Postflop: Despite the flushdraw I checked on the flop because I thought the pfa would cbet. On the turn though, I was afraid of giving away a freecard. I don't know if the sizing is good, but on the river the pot was big enough to get it all in.

Edit: If another spade cards was to fall on the turn, would my line be bet 60%/fold? What if the flush was made on the turn (as played on the river)? Still a shove?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 113.8 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 22)
      SB: 130 BB (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 6.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 47)
      Hero (BB): 180.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 7 BB, SB calls 6.6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (28 BB, 4 players) 3:diamond: 9:spade: J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 19 BB, SB calls 19 BB, Hero calls 19 BB, fold

Turn: (85 BB, 3 players) 5:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 40 BB, BTN calls 40 BB, fold

River: (165 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets 114.6 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 47.8 BB and is all-in

Hero shows J:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 18%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows A:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 82%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 249.8 BB
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Marlie,

Preflop: What do we know about UTG? We do get ok odds to cold call if UTG mostly calls and doesn't ship over the top.

Postflop: I wouldn't slowplay the flop. There's already a big bet and a call so I'd just raise there.

The PFA would rarely ever bet without a hand there so calling may get you to lose value when scarecards come down.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Okay thank you. To how much blinds should I raise, about 4 times his bet because he has a caller?
      And if a king or an ace came, could I still go all-in to get value from AK/AQ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MarliesB
      Okay thank you. To how much blinds should I raise, about 4 times his bet because he has a caller?
      And if a king or an ace came, could I still go all-in to get value from AK/AQ?
      Since the pot and bets are already big a 4x raise would just be a shove.

I'd actually make it small and ship turn if called. Small would be 2.5 or so.