[NL2-NL10] Nl5 JJ

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      6max zoom table.

Preflop: Is it okay to just call here? I was afraid to isolate myself vs better hands since it's already a 3bet and it would be very hard to play OOP, so I just wanted to setmine.

Postflop: Despite the flushdraw I checked on the flop because I thought the pfa would cbet. On the turn though, I was afraid of giving away a freecard. I don't know if the sizing is good, but on the river the pot was big enough to get it all in.

Edit: If another spade cards was to fall on the turn, would my line be bet 60%/fold? What if the flush was made on the turn (as played on the river)? Still a shove?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 113.8 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 22)
      SB: 130 BB (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 6.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 47)
      Hero (BB): 180.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 7 BB, SB calls 6.6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (28 BB, 4 players) 3:diamond: 9:spade: J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 19 BB, SB calls 19 BB, Hero calls 19 BB, fold

Turn: (85 BB, 3 players) 5:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 40 BB, BTN calls 40 BB, fold

River: (165 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets 114.6 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 47.8 BB and is all-in

Hero shows J:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 18%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows A:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 82%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 249.8 BB
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Marlie,

Preflop: What do we know about UTG? We do get ok odds to cold call if UTG mostly calls and doesn't ship over the top.

Postflop: I wouldn't slowplay the flop. There's already a big bet and a call so I'd just raise there.

The PFA would rarely ever bet without a hand there so calling may get you to lose value when scarecards come down.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Okay thank you. To how much blinds should I raise, about 4 times his bet because he has a caller?
      And if a king or an ace came, could I still go all-in to get value from AK/AQ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MarliesB
      Okay thank you. To how much blinds should I raise, about 4 times his bet because he has a caller?
      And if a king or an ace came, could I still go all-in to get value from AK/AQ?
      Since the pot and bets are already big a 4x raise would just be a shove.

I'd actually make it small and ship turn if called. Small would be 2.5 or so.