Moneybookers

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Hi, Im setting up a moneybookers account to transfer funds from pokersite-pokersite. I'm just wondering if this is the best option, and if pretty much all the sites accept money bookers. Also I read this while setting up my account-

(1) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) does not apply to funds stored on your Moneybookers account; (2) if Moneybookers Ltd. becomes insolvent the funds stored on your Moneybookers account may become valueless and unusable; and (3) consequently, if Moneybookers Ltd. becomes insolvent you may lose the funds stored in your account.

I realize that it's probably just to cover their ass and avoid legal problems, but it does sound a little worrying if I'm going to be transferring thousands of dollars using this site.

i'd really appreciate any info from moneybooker users.

Thanks
      Georg
  • 7 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I think on most pokersites you need to deposit with moneybookers to be able to withdraw to moneybookers... not sure, maybe someone more familiar with moneybookers can tell you if this is true :spade:
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Yes only after deposit you can withdraw. You can withdraw without deposit only in b2b network one time per month.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi gggeorgio,

I also use moneybookers and I have no complains at all. It's quick and handy.
      I also read that in the license agreements and was a little bit confused but I don't really think that you money is in danger on moneybookers or anything. As you already said if they become insolvent they just want to save their asses ;)

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I believe the thing about not getting your money back is only when you have more than 1k GBP on your account. I got a message when I had that and I had to check a checkbox else I couldn't have that amount.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies guys,

sounds like it's a good way for me to transfer money.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Every company that handles money online has such statements in their Terms. It's pretty much standard.

Moneybookers is fine, just don't expect any help from a support, as there is none. There's only a FAQ, and if your question isn't answered, there's hardly a way to get in touch with them, at least not via e-mail. Sure, you can call or write a real mail too, but in these days e-mail support should be standard as well.

And if you want a verification mail to increase your limit, don't be surprised if it takes almost 3 weeks instead of the announced 2-5 days, and don't be surprised if it comes from Croatia instead of the UK.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      thanks for the info drakhor