[NL2-NL10] [NL2] T9 BTN vs BB

• TobZero
      TobZero
      Bronze
      Hey,

should i have played this hand any different at any point?

Villian: no reads no stats to use only 3 hands with him

After getting 3bet light by BB i put him on anything from mid aces up to AQo AJo, broadway and suited connectors aswell as all broadway on gapper and mid and low pp.

I checked the flop behind to get another free card with my OESD. After rethinking the hand i see that betting here would probably better to see where i stand.

Turn is checked to me again so villian could have anything.
      Ofc i bet my made hand here for 2/3pot. When i get reraised light again i consider villian not knowing about prober bet sizes but i recognize he must have hit something. I put him on 2pair or toppair with AQ or even betting the AJ, i also have all his sets beat like 55, 88, JJ, QQ. He could even do it with AKs (i considered stronger hands now too after seeing another minraise).
      When my 3bet gets minraised 4bet i snap shove because im convinced that he just klicks the raise button and must have a hand he cant lay down.

Any more things i should have thought about?

Hero (BTN): $2.76 (138 bb)
      SB: $4.43 (221.5 bb)
      BB: $5 (250 bb)
      UTG+1: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $0.36 (18 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $1.28 (64 bb)
      MP3: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      CO: $3.89 (194.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T 9
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) 5 8 J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.25) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $1.22, Hero raises to $2.64 and is all-in, ... ???
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      bet flop, as played bet turn bigger, around .18. all else is fine, nh
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Unless you think you are getting check/raised a lot on the Flop, it's probably fine to bet the Flop.

Will we get checked raised though? I honestly don't mind taking the free card. IMO these min 3betting fishes have a slowplay/trapping mentality. They make small 3bets preflop to suck you in, and then they check the Flop with their AA to let you take a stab.

For these reasons and this general read that I gained over these sort of fishes in recent times, I think your play is actually fine. When you spiked the nuts and get raised, I think you should always try to put in as much money into the pot as possible if you think your opponent is never folding.
    • TobZero
      TobZero
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Will we get checked raised though? I honestly don't mind taking the free card. IMO these min 3betting fishes have a slowplay/trapping mentality. They make small 3bets preflop to suck you in, and then they check the Flop with their AA to let you take a stab.
      While i didnt put him on a strong hand PF i experienced such play quite a lot. With no data on villian this was exactly in the back of my head and the reason i prefered a free card because i would probably fold the flop vs a reraise. Often the reraise on the flop is quite big giving me bad odds to call.

Is this way of thinking overall correct in that spot?
      Could it be observational bias and this kind of play not happening often enough to justify leaving out the +EV bet on the flop?

edit:
      i just feel i see this play very often.
      Min 3bet pf and either c/r flop or check flop raise turn. But i tend more to the assumtion that he would have lead the flop with 2cent.
      I see so many AA/KK played min3bet, bet 2cent flop and turn and raise 3/4-pot on river, no matter how the board plays.