[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KK 19-04-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $6.88 (137.6 bb)
      UTG: $5.05 (101 bb)
      MP: $5.36 (107.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $1.50 (30 bb)
      SB: $1.43 (28.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02) 5 8 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, CO calls $0.76

Turn: ($2.54) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, CO raises to $3.74 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.84

River: ($10.02) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Villain a bit to the looser side however I'd assume he has a tighter openraise range.

Preflop:
      I 3bet for value, think it's fine.

Flop:
      Quite harmless flop, only scary thing here could be the Q, as he could have called with QQ, and or sets, but think there are alot of Qx hand he will call, and thoese are the ones I bet against.
      Value bet.

Turn:
      Blank turn, and rahter harmless, so I bet for value.
      When villain shoves I think maybe I should fold?
      But going true this, in equilap I think I'm good enough to call most of the time, especially after my cbet, I only need like 19% equity? and I think I'm ahead most of the time, but is this correct, we could assume sets would play like this, but is villain crazy enough to bet with TPTK etc?

Villain:
      30/15 - 20 hands
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Based on your bet sizing, I don't see how you can ever fold here. I'll expect him to ship the Turn with QX some % of the time, and we are getting <20% pot odds which is more than enough to call it off.

Question is whether your bet sizing was optimal. I think you bet way too large on Flop and Turn. Would you use such bet sizes with air as well? Cos I don't really like making a 3/4 pot size bet as a bluff with a hand like AK here - You are giving yourself poor odds on your bluff.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Yeah I think my bet sizes where a bit tilty.
      Normally I make it ½ pot size when in 3bet pot, but felt like EVERYONE calls me down lately and then on turn they shove or make some other crazy move, where I only have TP or TPTK etc which I then have to fold.

And alot of players take it as a weakness to bet ½ size even if it's multiway- or 3bet- pot.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think you have to fold TPTK in 3b pots vs turn pushes. Of course if you are facing a turn minraise then that's completely different - I would be more inclined to fold then.