This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 A6o

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      How do I play these flops in general? Hitting midpair.. not worthy of a valuebet, but needs protection from higher cards. What to do?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: 49.8 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      Hero (CO): 134 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: 6:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.4 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: K:heart: 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (6.4 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      BB bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

River: (12.4 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
      BB bets 10 BB, fold
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This is way too loose, A7o is as far as I go in general without strong reads on my opponents behind me.

Flop: I would bet here. This is partially for protection, and for thin value. It's not like we have QQ here, with few bad cards which can come on the Turn. 7/8/9/T/J/Q are all bad cards for our hand. Unless you think you are getting raised on the Flop a ton, I think we can bet Flop and bluff catch some blank rivers vs busted draws. We also have Ad which we could use to turn our hand into a bluff if a diamond falls on the Turn.

Turn: You have to call if you don't bet the Turn, if not you might as well turn your hand into a bluff on the Flop.

River: Given that this is at the bottom of your range I don't really mind folding here. We have 77-QQ as well and we can definitely not fold River with 99-QQ

Thanks.