[NL20-NL50] NL50 zoom - 78s in sb

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

villain is a random regular (no fishy stats over 50 hands).

On the flop I think I can check/call or just cbet. What is the best? What is best for our gameplan? Just cbet 100%?

Which hands to continue vs a raise (which reps nothing)?? Because I had bdfd I called...

On the turn he mostly has air and I think it's good if he folds?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2182579
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $100.35
      Hero (SB): $57.37
      BB: $100.62
      UTG: $85.62
      MP: $49.01
      CO: $75.88

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8 :club: 7 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.90

Flop: ($8.50) 6 :diamond: 6 :club: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, BTN raises to $12, Hero calls $7.75

Turn: ($32.50) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16, Hero raises to $41.37 all in, BTN calls $25.37
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

It's been a while. :)

I prefer cbetting the flop.. the value we get is not huge but we can turn our hand into a bluff later. When we get raised, he doesn't rep almost anything so we are likely to have the best hand.

On the turn, I think you have to weigh:

a) chances he folds some 99 he played like this
      b) EV you get from him folding his bluffs that can still hit river

I am not completely decided for one or another but being OOP I tend to use more hands to c/r here instead of chech/call again so I would include this hand in that range as well.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi mate :)

Yeah I took a break lately but now started to put in volume @ zoom. :) We'll see how that goes.

Now I've also looked back at this hand and my question is:
      Do people bluffraise these flops? I think they rather float with air and maybe raise valuehands because they want me to think they don't rep anything. He had 4x.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      4x? or 6x?

Yeah, people do bluffraise these boards some of the time but quite often they don't fire the second bullet. With your hand and equity I think it's fine to play like you. I have seen people show up with hands like 99-TT here, not just very polarised range, that's why your play should be fine if you also include some stronger hands.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      6x msorry :P

Thanks =) Thought it was a mistake because I would expect him to rather just float with bluffs ;)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Just looked at this hand and again same result.. leveling in 3bet spot. nobody aint reppin anythin

I've had another spot where I had KK and got check/raised on 55Tr and he had it again. Seems like people check/raising nuts in spots where they shouldnt :p
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heh, why shouldn't they? :P

If we think a bit old school, the goal when you have the nuts is to look like a bluff and make your opponent put in money often into the pot. If a raise reps nothing there and makes your opponent ship it, why is it bad?

Yes, if we go into balance and GTO stuff we find a reason not to, but ultimately our goal is to force mistakes from others when possible.

In your case you might look a bit at sizing since he raises flop quite big.. If you look through your DB you might notice some sizing trends where bluff = small and value = the standard 3x, just a thought that came to my mind..