This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 zoom - 78s in sb

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

villain is a random regular (no fishy stats over 50 hands).

On the flop I think I can check/call or just cbet. What is the best? What is best for our gameplan? Just cbet 100%?

Which hands to continue vs a raise (which reps nothing)?? Because I had bdfd I called...

On the turn he mostly has air and I think it's good if he folds?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2182579
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $100.35
      Hero (SB): $57.37
      BB: $100.62
      UTG: $85.62
      MP: $49.01
      CO: $75.88

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8 :club: 7 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.90

Flop: ($8.50) 6 :diamond: 6 :club: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, BTN raises to $12, Hero calls $7.75

Turn: ($32.50) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16, Hero raises to $41.37 all in, BTN calls $25.37
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

It's been a while. :)

I prefer cbetting the flop.. the value we get is not huge but we can turn our hand into a bluff later. When we get raised, he doesn't rep almost anything so we are likely to have the best hand.

On the turn, I think you have to weigh:

a) chances he folds some 99 he played like this
      b) EV you get from him folding his bluffs that can still hit river

I am not completely decided for one or another but being OOP I tend to use more hands to c/r here instead of chech/call again so I would include this hand in that range as well.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi mate :)

Yeah I took a break lately but now started to put in volume @ zoom. :) We'll see how that goes.

Now I've also looked back at this hand and my question is:
      Do people bluffraise these flops? I think they rather float with air and maybe raise valuehands because they want me to think they don't rep anything. He had 4x.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      4x? or 6x?

Yeah, people do bluffraise these boards some of the time but quite often they don't fire the second bullet. With your hand and equity I think it's fine to play like you. I have seen people show up with hands like 99-TT here, not just very polarised range, that's why your play should be fine if you also include some stronger hands.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      6x msorry :P

Thanks =) Thought it was a mistake because I would expect him to rather just float with bluffs ;)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Just looked at this hand and again same result.. leveling in 3bet spot. nobody aint reppin anythin

I've had another spot where I had KK and got check/raised on 55Tr and he had it again. Seems like people check/raising nuts in spots where they shouldnt :p
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heh, why shouldn't they? :P

If we think a bit old school, the goal when you have the nuts is to look like a bluff and make your opponent put in money often into the pot. If a raise reps nothing there and makes your opponent ship it, why is it bad?

Yes, if we go into balance and GTO stuff we find a reason not to, but ultimately our goal is to force mistakes from others when possible.

In your case you might look a bit at sizing since he raises flop quite big.. If you look through your DB you might notice some sizing trends where bluff = small and value = the standard 3x, just a thought that came to my mind..