[NL20-NL50] NL50 - TPTK into bluff.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Villains looks a bit of a regfish but only over 50 hands or something.. 20/14 or so, can't say much about it. This is his first raise v cbeT.

1) What range are we defending v the raise?

2) What do u think about his riverbet? Looks more of a 5x than a flush to me?! So why not raise? We rep the flush real good.. Maybe only do it with a heart blocker??

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2182587
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $68.39
      SB: $100.96
      BB: $51.27
      UTG: $78.69
      MP: $26.62
      CO: $66.23

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with J :spade: A :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 5 :club: J :heart: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($11.25) 9 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($25.25) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $9.50, Hero raises to $55.89 all in, BB calls $29.27 all in
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

1) I would defend quite a bit here given positions and probably float some A high with BD nutflush, some BD clubs... Dk the exactly which since it depends what I open based on who is SB as well.

2) Your thinking is sound imo but you are missing one important point: how often will he talk himself into calling because his small bet induced a bluff? That's basically the biggest question you have to answer here imo.

Hope we can get a bigger discussion about his going actually... it would be really nice to find out how often people bet small/call off in this spot to find out where we can go crazy. Feel free to post more such hands here or maybe start a thread in NLHE Advanced Discussions forum, right here.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Heyhey,

I've actually thought a bit more about it. Now I think it's a flush more often than 5x.
      - Could be possible that he check/folds or check/calls 5x but doesnt want to bet since I could have a flush.
      - Makes sense that he bets this small with a flush because he doesn't want me to fold Jx.

But I do think that if he bets 5x he's never calling... Bad players would, that's true.

In this case he showed up with Qh6h
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hmmm, OK.. might be that he can read your range as weak and that's why he bet small? If you don't give him much credit on the flop, you usually do end up with a relatively weak river range so his play makes sense..