[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh: Qq

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain is a very passive fish with stats 44/1/0 in 106 hands. He didn't even 3bet AA pre.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.14)
      BB ($6.63)
      Hero ($5.20)
      UTG+1 ($3.98)
      CO ($2.54)
      BTN ($8.95)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.38) 8:club: 7:diamond: T:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BTN calls $0.24, BB folds

TURN ($0.86) 8:club: 7:diamond: T:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.40

So, my plan was to bet every street and fold if he raises. Do you think I should have bet more on the turn and the river?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I would bet larger on both flop and turn especially versus a fish on a connected board.

What's our reasoning for betting small? Were you afraid to commit too much money with our strong overpair?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I was betting small thinking that i could easily fold to a raise without commiting a big part of my stack, since I believe that this flop hits really good his range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I was betting small thinking that i could easily fold to a raise without commiting a big part of my stack, since I believe that this flop hits really good his range.
      Given his range, is he more likely to have a better hand than yours or a worse hand?

Betting this small will guarantee you lose value and lose get yourself out of the pot frequently when he decides to semibluff because your bets look weak (rightfully so)>