[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH: AQs

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      UTG is a huge fish with stats 70/20/20 over 100 hands.
      CO is a fish with stats 40/11/12.9 over 85 hands.
      BB is a very bad reg with stats 38/8/3.3 over 498 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.59)
      BB ($14.48)
      UTG ($7.79)
      Hero ($4.34)
      CO ($10.73)
      BTN ($1.34)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, CO raises to $0.28, fold, fold, BB calls $0.24, UTG calls $0.24, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($1.14) T:spade: A:heart: J:diamond:

BB checks, UTG folds, Hero checks, CO bets $0.58, BB calls $0.58, Hero calls $0.58

TURN ($2.88) T:spade: A:heart: J:diamond: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.48 (AI),
  • 10 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What range do you have these fish on? Mainly the CO who has 3-bet us so far?

If you expect wide ranges your line is generally fine given the flop+turn and our hand.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I really don't have any idea about the CO's range and what he could fold here. I just shoved thinking that I may have some folding equity and to not get in difficult situations on the river if the turn goes checked.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      I really don't have any idea about the CO's range and what he could fold here. I just shoved thinking that I may have some folding equity and to not get in difficult situations on the river if the turn goes checked.
      So we did not shove for value?

What better hands fold there? AK? AA? JJ? TT? AJ? AT?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I did that to semi-bluff kinda. I didn't really expect any better hands but I was thinking that if I get called here, I have so much equity to win the hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I did that to semi-bluff kinda. I didn't really expect any better hands but I was thinking that if I get called here, I have so much equity to win the hand.
      Either bluff or semi-bluff implies that some better hands fold.

I can't see any hand that will fold that's better than ours hence why I think that we are betting purely for value.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan, I was checking again the hand and especially the preflop action.
      What do you think of 4betting pre? I think that there are enough dead money in the pot and if someone calls, he might aswell doing it with a worse A or Q (considering that there are 2 fishes in the hand).
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Bogdan, I was checking again the hand and especially the preflop action.
      What do you think of 4betting pre? I think that there are enough dead money in the pot and if someone calls, he might aswell doing it with a worse A or Q (considering that there are 2 fishes in the hand).
      And if we 4-bet what would our plan be?

Go broke if he 5-bets?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Giving him a range: QQ+,AQs+,AQo+, isn't it right to go broke?

If UTG is still in the hand after a 5bet from the BU, it is better or worse for us to go broke?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Giving him a range: QQ+,AQs+,AQo+, isn't it right to go broke?

If UTG is still in the hand after a 5bet from the BU, it is better or worse for us to go broke?
      It depends on the range you give him.

I'd add at least JJ in there for pairs but it doesn't change much. UTG tagging along is not terrible since his range can be wider as well.