This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AKs

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP1: $0.96 - 48 bb
      MP2: $2.17 - 109 bb
      MP3: $2.00 - 100 bb
      CO: $2.48 - 124 bb
      BU: $3.36 - 168 bb
      SB: $5.26 - 263 bb
      BB: $2.92 - 146 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (7 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU calls, SB calls, Hero raises for $0.14, 3 folds, SB calls

Flop: ($0.38 - 19 bb) A:spade: , T:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.78 - 39 bb) 8:club: (2 Players)
      SB bets $4.90, Hero calls, SB gets uncalled back ($2.34)

River: ($5.90 - 295 bb) 9:heart: (2 Players)

-----

SB is unknown.

Preflop: standard open.

Flop: I call a donk as if I raise, weaker hands will fold. If he had continued with small bets on turn and river I would have raised on the river for value.
      Turn: In this spot I'm pretty much always behind and should have just folded. However, at the heat of the moment I thought he could do this with AJ+ or FD so I called.

To break-even I need 44.91% equity.

Hands that I beat that could shove:
      AJ, AQ, AK, KsQs, QsJs, Js9s (19+6 combos)

Hands that beat me:
      AT, A2, A8, 22, TT, 88, AA (28 combos)

So if the range of hands that I beat that would shove is correct, calling may not be such a bad decision. However, if he is playing draws passively and does not overplay TP then I'm beat.

In retrospect, I think folding is the best option vs unknown.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop and flop are good.

On the turn, against unknown I would be folding here all day long. I don't think calling such a huge overbet is a good idea at all with TPTK against unknown so just fold and get to the next hand.

PS: In your calculations, why don't you use Equilab instead of writing down the combinations yourself? I mean, your method is even wrong, since you do beat on the turn a hand like Js9s, but it has 30% equity on the turn, so it's 70/30 which should be considered in the calculations.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Plamen

Thanks for the evaluation.

I write down combos as it helps me to understand where the equity numbers are coming from. I guess I should also put it into the equilab to get the most accurate answer.

I knew I should fold :f_biggrin:

Dawidas888