Limping in SB using SSS

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey there.

I've played SSS a lot today and along the way I made a few adjustments along the way. Here's what I've done:

In SB I have limped in with small pairs and any A.
      I have done this only in SB. Not CO and not BU. SB only.

I've evaluated the stats on it today, and on those hands I'm about break even. What would you say to this?

Cheers,
      Kimber88
  • 5 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi Kimber88,

are you always limping regardless of the amount of limpers???
      If you do I don't really like that play. Especially with any ace.
      I would only advise advanced players to limp pocket pairs from the SB after at least 3 limpers and maybe suited connectors or suited aces after at least 4 limpers.
      The problem is, that you only hit your set once out of 8 times and even if you hit your set there's no guarantee that you get paid out (especially not if there's only one limper in the hand).
      I really don't like any ace calls since when you get action with a marginal hand you don't really know what to do. Let's say you are holding A5o and you complete the SB after one limper from UTG and the BB checks. Flop shows: A36. You bet and UTG raises. So what's your play now? Some of the beginners loose a lot of money in these spots that's why I don't like completing such aces there

just my 2 cents =)

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the fast and detailed reply. I had thought about number of limpers, but had not set any specific limits.

It's new thoughts I have been dealing with and have used for 500 hands or so.

I'll think it over twice before I do it again.. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You have to get 7:1 odds preflop to hit a set with a medium PP or a low one.

Therefore you need like 2 á 3 limpers in order to cover your ''costs'' as in Implied Odds.

I only limp PocketPairs from CutOff and BTTN since you have position ;)
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      you are welcome Kimber88.
      and yep your right genv.
      You need 7:1 odds
      but I don't think that the position is that important since you will go broke with a set anyways. But from the BU or CO you need like 5-6 limpers (I think 5 is fine since you have some implied odds left even as a smallstack ;) )

greets,
      Chiller3k
    • Gonira
      Gonira
      Gold
      my approach.

position is good with a set too, makes it easier to extract value.

in the SB, i limp with small pairs against 2 or more limpers or call a miniraise at the BB with these hands in a 3-way (or more) pot if i have at least 15:1 implied odds; against 3 limpers or more, i limp with suited aces, suited connectors and suited facecards. with five or more, sometimes i limp with unsuited connectors 76o+ and suited one gappers 75s+, but i really don't know if this last one is profitable.

in CO and BTN, i almost never limp. half implied odds, so i really need a big bunch of limpers.