This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH KK cold-calling 3bet on SB

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $12.60
      MP: $4.15
      CO: $13.95
      BTN: $12.19
      Hero (SB): $19.01
      BB: $8.78

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :heart: K :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, MP raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50) A :spade: 8 :heart: 2 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $1.57, Hero folds, UTG folds

The OR is 22/17 on 585 hands and apparently he doesn't have a super tight EP range which is good for us.

The HJ is 25/22 on 233 hands with 8.1overall 3bet so far. Positional stats won't have come in yet but I'm guessing that his 3bet range is going to be pretty tight here.

I don't want to isolate myself at all and I'm sure the equity giveaway from calling pre will pay me off in the long run post-flop.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: I think that just calling here is a bad idea.

First, he is a midstack that's a bit more aggro and can stack off lighter. Second you are just giving UTG a chance to enter the pot cheaply and outdraw us and we will still be OOP to two guys.

So just 4-bet and try to get it in. I can see an overbet shove looking rather weaker and you can expect quite a few calls from MP.