[NL2-NL10] AK vs unknown

• kalimann
      kalimann
      Basic
      Guy reraises me, so I pressume QQ, KK or AA and call. The board shows up with nothing, so I bet to represent a strong hand. When he reraises me I have to bail out. I probably should have 3bet to represent a premade hand in flop, but didn't want to be put all in by a KK or AA.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.01
      BB:
      $0.78
      MP2 (Hero):
      $1.64
      MP3:
      $0.97
      CO:
      $0.62
      BU:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) T, 3, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU raises to $2.10, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.83.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I suppose at NL2 people are passive, usually at higher limits I'll 4bet this to 60 cents. I think calling is the best play here.

Flop: We assigned him a range of QQ-AA Preflop, and now we bet the Flop? I think your logic here is very inconsistent. Why would you want to bluff when your opponent's range is strong?

I would probably just c/c once and see how it goes. I don't necessarily agree with the range you assigned BU, it could be wider than that. If we felt that villain only has QQ-AA, we should definitely have folded preflop.

Thanks.
    • kalimann
      kalimann
      Basic
      Why you thanking me? I should thank you for making me see a very obvious mistake. (:

Thanks.