This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK vs unknown

• kalimann
      kalimann
      Basic
      Guy reraises me, so I pressume QQ, KK or AA and call. The board shows up with nothing, so I bet to represent a strong hand. When he reraises me I have to bail out. I probably should have 3bet to represent a premade hand in flop, but didn't want to be put all in by a KK or AA.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.01
      BB:
      $0.78
      MP2 (Hero):
      $1.64
      MP3:
      $0.97
      CO:
      $0.62
      BU:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) T, 3, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU raises to $2.10, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.83.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I suppose at NL2 people are passive, usually at higher limits I'll 4bet this to 60 cents. I think calling is the best play here.

Flop: We assigned him a range of QQ-AA Preflop, and now we bet the Flop? I think your logic here is very inconsistent. Why would you want to bluff when your opponent's range is strong?

I would probably just c/c once and see how it goes. I don't necessarily agree with the range you assigned BU, it could be wider than that. If we felt that villain only has QQ-AA, we should definitely have folded preflop.

Thanks.
    • kalimann
      kalimann
      Basic
      Why you thanking me? I should thank you for making me see a very obvious mistake. (:

Thanks.