harder competition on offpeak hours?

• tonyzer
      tonyzer
      Bronze
      hey guys is it only me or does it seem that the lower the traffic on the poker room your playing on during a certain hour the more regs there are and less fish? if this is true what times are best to play at thanks in advance :)
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey. i agree the quality of traffic changes throughout the day. i find really early mornings are great (like 5am - 7am or so) and by far the best time of day is gunna be around 6pm onwards. the reason is most people are home from work at that time so they will sit and play poker after a day at work to chill out.

living in the UK i'm 1 hour behind lots of european countries and so exactly what time would be best for you depends on where you live. generally the best time to play is when the majority of the player pool (basically europe) are home from work.
    • Topdog2904
      Topdog2904
      Bronze
      Most 'fish' will have a job in the day on weekdays. So, the best times to play weaker players would be during weekends or after 6 as everywhere in Europe should be at home
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I find that my most profitable time to play is between 11:30 and 14:30 GMT.

Not sure why - however there are fewer tables, supposedly fewer fish, but also far fewer regs as there are not enough tables for the grinders. It may be that the ratio of fish to regs is better so helping to boost my winrate.