DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $54.09
      Hero (CO): $25.00
      BTN: $12.75
      SB: $26.71
      BB: $35.38
      UTG: $3.41

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 3 :spade: 3 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.25, Hero calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.60) 4 :heart: 5 :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.60) 2 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($11.10) A :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero calls $8

man blinds
      2.2 3b after 1,2k hands thats why i call to hit my set and take all of his money
      cbet 3b pot flop 0...
      x/b flop is nice
      on the turn i think that i can still call to hit my out
      riv? ez call?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

Preflop: Ok I like pure set-mining vs villain, on most flops when we miss we can just fold. Since his range is super strong our implied odds are pretty high. But if villain is way too aggro I think we should fold this PP here cos we cannot set-mine profitably.

Flop: Vs more aggro opponents with wide ranges I would just bet/call and let him c/push stuff like AK or AQ. Here vs a tighter opponent checking is acceptable, you could also bet for thin value/protection. I don't think it's too likely for him to check an overpair.

Turn: If I did bet the Flop I would bet ultra small on the Turn, maybe 25% pot to induce raises and also to get light calls from Ace high

River: I think we have the best hand most of the time. Could we raise for value though? Flush gets there, we also lose to some full houses. That may be a little too much for us to raise here, but if you think he never folds AQ/AK you could argue for a raise here. I'm not too sure, so I think it's better to err on the side of caution.
    • moneymakerzzz
      How it comes we can't set mine preflop agaisnt aggresive player(if aggro stends for aggresive player) ?

Wouldn't it be even better to go set mine aginst aggro ?
    • mbml
      You could set mine vs someone who is a complete maniac cos he will just barrel 3 streets every hand and you can just call down on low boards, or just call down when you have a set.

I'm referring to tough / aggro players with well-balanced ranges. It's just so tough to showdown your hand, and when you hit a set, you won't get paid off often enough to justify the preflop call cos he either knows how to make good folds, or his range is just wide and air heavy, unless he gives you really great odds preflop or unless you are deeper than 100bb.