[NL2-NL10] AK vs AA

• batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K. CO posts a blind of $0,02. (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0,06, 2 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU calls $0,06, SB raises to $0,30, BB folds, Hero calls $0,24, CO calls $0,24, BU calls $0,24.

Flop: ($1,22) 7, J, 5 (4 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $1,00, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, SB raises to $4,68 (All-In), Hero calls $2,68.

Turn: ($10,58) A (Comment)
      River: ($10,58) 5 (Comment)

Final Pot: $10,58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and fives (Ac Kc)
      SB shows a full-house, aces full of fives (As Ad)

SB wins with a full-house, aces full of fives (As Ad)

I just installed PokerStrategy Elephant successfully and want to see how hand posting works :)
  • 4 replies
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      the raise preflop should be 4 times the bb
      on the flop you have nothing so without any particular notes on the player i think you should fold
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      On the flop i'am with flushdraw, then i hit Ace
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      with the written like this i cant see you have a flush draw :)
      then you hit the A on the turn i see but you have gone all in the flop so if you didnt have a flush draw it was a bad play and you got lucky because you would have hit the A
      i would have called his raise on the flop or push straight away all in
      being 4 people i think the call is the better move
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I´d played it differently.
      AK is good enough hand to get all-in against loose aggressive opponents, but if SB is tight then calling and seeing flop is better.
      Flop: SB lead out into 3 people. That says that he has here QQ+ and he won´t fold to your raise. So it puts you on difficult situation. You have good equity against QQ, but no fold equity. That´s why I like call on the flop and fold turn if I don´t improve (unless SB would bet really small giving me correct odds).
      Other line would be shove. Doubt he´d fold anything, but shove is always better than min-raise. And some players might put you on set.

Good luck at the tables,