[NL20-NL50] ATo 3bet vs raise

• GingerKid
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 101 BB
      BB: 182.62 BB (VPIP: 18.36, PFR: 13.73, 3Bet Preflop: 5.12, Hands: 939)
      CO: 120.82 BB (VPIP: 26.50, PFR: 24.92, 3Bet Preflop: 10.34, Hands: 327)
      BTN: 111 BB (VPIP: 21.23, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 6.36, Hands: 1,405)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: A:spade:

fold, BTN raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: 7:club: Q:club:
      Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Turn: (43 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero bets 22 BB, BTN raises to 90 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 58 BB

River: (203 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

Hero shows T:heart: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (Pre 70%, Flop 53%, Turn 73%)
      BTN shows T:club: K:club: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 30%, Flop 47%, Turn 27%)
      Hero wins 199 BB
      BTN wins 0 BB

Is it ok to bet turn and shove river? I would do it also if I dont have Ax. I loose vs AQ, but still he could have KQ which calls or fd.

Would you fold after shove? I put him on fd, gutshot, or even Qx turning into bluff. I dont think that he would need to shove with better hand than mine but rather let me bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: Any info on preflop tendencies?

Flop: If he opens tight and defends tight, I would c/f here with no backdoors. I feel like his defence range is heavily weighted towards QX hands and mid pairs which are probably not folding the Flop IMO.

Turn: I agree with the call here. What is he really repping? I think it would be pretty foolish of him to push AQ/sets here when you are often going to barrel River to rep the Ace. Thus, when he pushes here I think his range is really weighted towards flush draws.

Would he raise flop with some of his flush draws though? I think he should usually raise A:cX, I don't know about the smaller flush draws though. These days, people are good enough to flat smaller flush draws IP, not like in the past at NL100 3 years ago where everyone would just raise/call with any suited connector when they flop a flush draw in a 3b pot.

Assuming your range is wide, a ship here with X:cX would actually not be too bad. You are expected to barrel the Turn like 100% of the time with your air so your range should be pretty air heavy here. I think it's standard if he has a combodraw