[NL20-NL50] AQo 3way

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 68.1 BB (VPIP: 31.83, PFR: 20.30, 3Bet Preflop: 6.43, Hands: 411)
      CO: 116.54 BB (VPIP: 26.50, PFR: 24.92, 3Bet Preflop: 10.34, Hands: 327)
      Hero (BTN): 200.66 BB
      SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.18, PFR: 17.96, 3Bet Preflop: 8.76, Hands: 1,665)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:club:

CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 6:club: A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      BB checks, CO bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB, fold

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      CO bets 18 BB, Hero calls 18 BB

River: (59.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
      CO bets 45 BB, Hero calls 45 BB

CO shows K:heart: T:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 38%, Flop 16%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows Q:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 62%, Flop 84%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins 145.5 BB

He folds to 3bet 56% CO 25% open, cbet flop 80%, turn 80% river 100% so I decided to call him with better hand and call down.

Would it be ok to raise any street? At least river? Can I expect to get called by worse?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Looks like a really great spot to 3b here. 25% open + 56% fold = easy 3bet.

Flop: With top two here i would prefer raising. I don't see any point in letting the fish come along and I think 2 pairs is slightly more vulnerable than sets so I prefer fastplaying here a lot of the time

Turn: It seems like you are playing AQ only as a bluff catcher which I don't like too much. I think you need to play your AQ harder - You are missing out on a lot of value.

Thanks.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: Looks like a really great spot to 3b here. 25% open + 56% fold = easy 3bet.

Flop: With top two here i would prefer raising. I don't see any point in letting the fish come along and I think 2 pairs is slightly more vulnerable than sets so I prefer fastplaying here a lot of the time

Turn: It seems like you are playing AQ only as a bluff catcher which I don't like too much. I think you need to play your AQ harder - You are missing out on a lot of value.

Thanks.
      When you say you prefer fastplaying top two pairs, against which weaker hand could we fastplay on this board. I think only weaker is A6 here? IF I would be playing in NL10, I could expect AK to go broak, but in 3way in NL50
      I could expect only fd to call flop and fold turn since they dont have FE.
      CO is a regg, so I dont expect him to make too many mistakes postflop 3way, and he is aggro so I can expect barreling river also when having missed fd. I think I could shove river, because I could represent busted fd.

Why is the problem if fish comes along? I called mostly because of that reason. Fish could have middle pair or Ax and chase to hit 2pair of tripps, or he could have fd I am ahead of it, and turn barrel would be expensive and -EV for him.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You should be raising some combo draws and gutshots as well, so I would assume that you are sufficiently balanced for this spot. Would you really call KT here in a 3way situation? I would much prefer to raise that instead.

Sure, fish could come along with some worse hands. I wouldn't hate having him come along too much but i prefer not to let him draw to his gutters.

1. I don't like call Flop raise Turn line, I'll just leave that for sets and some semi bluffs + 2nd pair Turned into bluff

2. Raising flop here for value allows us to bluff raise the Flop with some gutshots too.

I don't expect him to call down with AK always, but he may sometimes.