This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQo 3way

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 68.1 BB (VPIP: 31.83, PFR: 20.30, 3Bet Preflop: 6.43, Hands: 411)
      CO: 116.54 BB (VPIP: 26.50, PFR: 24.92, 3Bet Preflop: 10.34, Hands: 327)
      Hero (BTN): 200.66 BB
      SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.18, PFR: 17.96, 3Bet Preflop: 8.76, Hands: 1,665)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:club:

CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 6:club: A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      BB checks, CO bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB, fold

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      CO bets 18 BB, Hero calls 18 BB

River: (59.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
      CO bets 45 BB, Hero calls 45 BB

CO shows K:heart: T:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 38%, Flop 16%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows Q:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 62%, Flop 84%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins 145.5 BB

He folds to 3bet 56% CO 25% open, cbet flop 80%, turn 80% river 100% so I decided to call him with better hand and call down.

Would it be ok to raise any street? At least river? Can I expect to get called by worse?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Looks like a really great spot to 3b here. 25% open + 56% fold = easy 3bet.

Flop: With top two here i would prefer raising. I don't see any point in letting the fish come along and I think 2 pairs is slightly more vulnerable than sets so I prefer fastplaying here a lot of the time

Turn: It seems like you are playing AQ only as a bluff catcher which I don't like too much. I think you need to play your AQ harder - You are missing out on a lot of value.

Thanks.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: Looks like a really great spot to 3b here. 25% open + 56% fold = easy 3bet.

Flop: With top two here i would prefer raising. I don't see any point in letting the fish come along and I think 2 pairs is slightly more vulnerable than sets so I prefer fastplaying here a lot of the time

Turn: It seems like you are playing AQ only as a bluff catcher which I don't like too much. I think you need to play your AQ harder - You are missing out on a lot of value.

Thanks.
      When you say you prefer fastplaying top two pairs, against which weaker hand could we fastplay on this board. I think only weaker is A6 here? IF I would be playing in NL10, I could expect AK to go broak, but in 3way in NL50
      I could expect only fd to call flop and fold turn since they dont have FE.
      CO is a regg, so I dont expect him to make too many mistakes postflop 3way, and he is aggro so I can expect barreling river also when having missed fd. I think I could shove river, because I could represent busted fd.

Why is the problem if fish comes along? I called mostly because of that reason. Fish could have middle pair or Ax and chase to hit 2pair of tripps, or he could have fd I am ahead of it, and turn barrel would be expensive and -EV for him.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You should be raising some combo draws and gutshots as well, so I would assume that you are sufficiently balanced for this spot. Would you really call KT here in a 3way situation? I would much prefer to raise that instead.

Sure, fish could come along with some worse hands. I wouldn't hate having him come along too much but i prefer not to let him draw to his gutters.

1. I don't like call Flop raise Turn line, I'll just leave that for sets and some semi bluffs + 2nd pair Turned into bluff

2. Raising flop here for value allows us to bluff raise the Flop with some gutshots too.

I don't expect him to call down with AK always, but he may sometimes.