$30 into $1700 in 24hrs

• simmo31
      simmo31
      Bronze
      turned $30 into $1700.
      funny story really was 11FPP shy of releasing 1st depositers bonus at stars, so i deposited $30 dollars intent on earning 11FPP to clear $46 which i did easilly enough winning a $5 buy in sng. Then feeling quite confident i entered a $33 gnt 5k nlh and came 3rd earning $1360.
      asked for a cashout they said you have to wait 48hrs to after last deposit, as that was only 6 hrs ago i played on. The br dwindled to $1000 with some oppurtunistic play. then a $66 45 player sng 1st $770.
      one sweet day, only catch still waiting for stars to PAY.
      They emailed me on the 1st saying 3 to 10 bus days. Why does it take so long.
  • 26 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      [ ] BRM

Gratz though I guess!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      cangrat simmo. This is suretanly a good upswing but remember that things won't always go so well in poker thats why it so important to have enough bankroll to last through these rough downswings. So in the future try more to keep to bankrollmanagement because this way you will stay a long turn winner.

Enjoy you're winning and hope more good pokersessions will follow for you.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      well done with the spinning up , dont understand why you want to cashout so quick thought ,

good BRM and you can soon earn loads on poker
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      Don't play any more poker and cash out and buy yourself something nice before you loose it all playing way out of your depth.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      but why did you stop ?
    • simmo31
      simmo31
      Bronze
      still playing, just wanted to bank some winnings, will re invest 10% or so
    • simmo31
      simmo31
      Bronze
      dont play anymore, go root yourself i enjoy playing my way and who r u to say i am out of my depth. this site is supposed to help and support players not run them down when one gets jealous
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      may i ask what are you playing now? what buyin?
      ...edit: you answered my question while i typed
    • simmo31
      simmo31
      Bronze
      grim, playing action poker, i love tournys more players the better, usually the highest paying tourny i can afford. rebuys r good as punters play very looslly early
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      So your strategy is.
      "Buy in with all your bankroll to a multi table tournament with the most variance..."

Well congratz on your winnings...

...they say what comes quick leaves quick :(
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      Originally posted by simmo31
      dont play anymore, go root yourself i enjoy playing my way and who r u to say i am out of my depth. this site is supposed to help and support players not run them down when one gets jealous
      Believe me, by telling you to stop playing because you're way out of your depth is the best advice your gonna get. Who am i to say your out of your depth? Someone who knows a hell of a lot more about poker than you.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by simmo31
      There are lots of threads like yours going from $10- $2000, etc. They all just mean one thing that you did not follow one of the biggest rules of poker which is to have proper bankroll management.

It is awesome that you earned 1k in a matter of hours, and not a lot of people can do that and most fail. That is why people are trying to make you understand that the next time you re invest 10% you should play the lower buy-in SNG's.

People went from $50- over a hundred grand by starting small and slowly climbing.
    • simmo31
      simmo31
      Bronze
      so you reckon
    • jordgubban
      jordgubban
      Bronze
      Simmo it's all true you will eventually lose and you will hate yourself for letting it happen. You can't possibly win in the long run, unless you get a good brm.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      This topic gave me good laughts, "i earned 1k in couple hours, u didn't. U suck i rule. Ur jelaous. U don't pat my back, u bad" is teh win!
      While everything ppl above told was true, you will go broke sooner thank you think without proper BRM and well experience if you wanna play mid/high stakes poker.
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      thats why i love the step system, which enabled me to win large amounts and play large buy in trnys through only small amount invested....steps are the way forward :) but feeling confident with half or your bankroll in an mtt? LOL! slow down mate,gl...

-182guy

x
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      lol jordgubban, did you really use good brm at the start of your career ? :D
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Congrats on the success. I would say if it work for you then go for it. But with MTT's even if you play perfectly you still need loads of luck to cash big. So get a nice sample size and then reevaluate if your strategy works. An example is jordgubban that went from $50-10k in one month, but he is still going and stressing the value of good BRM.

Good luck
    • jordgubban
      jordgubban
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lilprincess
      lol jordgubban, did you really use good brm at the start of your career ? :D
      obv noone did at the start of their careers but my start was not here at pokerstrategy. As for my 50-10k i did use a good brm that i was comfortable with. And changed it accordingly as i was moving up.