[NL20-NL50] AKo, oop vs fish

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      62/22/81h/af 0.7/fold2cbet 40/wts 35
      I was betting flop for value. I was going to check-call turn. What about the river? He seems passive, but I am sure he has a ton of missed hands on the river, so what is better - bet or check-call? (mb check-raise?)

NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($27.93)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($33.19)
      UTG+1 ($23.80)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, fold, UTG+1 calls $1

FLOP ($2.75) 6:club: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero bets $1.25, UTG+1 calls $1.25

TURN ($5.25) 6:club: 7:diamond: 6:heart: J:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($5.25) 6:club: 7:diamond: 6:heart: J:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $3, Hero calls $3
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think check/calling the Flop could be fine. With the nut no-pair hand I think betting for thin value vs a VPIP 60% player is also fine, cos he has way more combos of worse Ace highs as compared to pairs.

Turn: Should we c/c or c/f? It depends on his level of aggression. He seems really passive so I think we can actually just c/f cos I think he would check back his Ace highs and draws again.

River: Assuming we check the Turn and river is a blank, we can now c/c. IMO extremely passive fish get the most aggressive when it comes to rivers. This is the street where they realize that they no longer have showdown value and will bluff with their busted draws.

On the Ace, I think we can either bet (he's loose so I think he may not fold 7X) or check/raise. I actually think given his line, his range is heavily weighted towards Ace highs after calling the Flop bet. And he never folds AX vs a C/R so i think this is my preferred line.

Would make it 9$ here. He would probably feel puzzled and call to see what you have.