what is the punishment if i am caught underage on pokerstars ?

• 15 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you might lose your roll and have to start up anew, but i doubt you'll be permabanned.

you'll just have to come out clean sometime if you ever want to withdraw anything anyway so w/e just do it and hope for the best
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I'd recommend setting up some sort of e-wallet like Skrill or Neteller, which will be the appropriate age, verify yourself on that e-wallet site then withdraw to that from pokerstars, should be instant. Then you can tell them that you were underage :) Not too sure about which e-wallet site is best since I don't use them.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      it's instant if you have already verified with ps... or so i think
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiwiboy484RE: what is the punishment if i am caught underage on pokerstars ?
      Death.
    • kiwiboy484
      kiwiboy484
      Basic
      i have decided to turn my self in what is a suitable thing to say for such a horrible thing ive done ...
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If you don't mind losing the money, take it to a HS table & ask people to flip with you.
      Let everyone here know so we can rail ofc.
    • kiwiboy484
      kiwiboy484
      Basic
      im sorry what do you mean ?
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      how would they find out?
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      what is the punishment if i am caught underage on pokerstars ?

should i admit to it before they catch me ? im now 18 but have built up a bankroll whilst underage what do i do i dont mind losing the money i just want a life ban

Annette Oberstad admitted to playing on Stars since she was 15 on an account set up by her mother using the name Annette_15. Nothing was ever done to her that we know about.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      You could always chip dump to a friend who created his account legitimatly and have him withdraw the money for you... :)

Just a warning if you try to withdraw a significant amount it from the account that you set up when underage, it is highly likely that they will ask you to verify your identity, and your account might be frozen during this process. If you fail to verify your account, they can close your account and "confiscate" your BR.

Honestly turning yourself in is probally the worst thing you can do.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Yeah I'd just keep playing and not say anything.

If you're generating a good amount of rake they'll probably let you off the hook if you do decide to tell them.

It's really not a "horrible thing" you've done. I don't think its that bad at all. You didn't cheat.
    • kiwiboy484
      kiwiboy484
      Basic
      i decided its either another year of freerolls and no withdrawels and then potentioly being perma banned from stars or giving it up for a year and being able to enjoy stars for life i emailed stars apologising for what i did wrong and they barred my account until i am 18 when i will have it re-instated i think this fair punishment and im very happy with the result :)
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      You commited a criminal offence and you worried about what pokerstars will do?

Maybe you should look closer to home.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Akcus
      Originally posted by kiwiboy484RE: what is the punishment if i am caught underage on pokerstars ?
      Death.
      I'm afraid it's much worse.

He won't be allowed to play on Stars.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by Akcus
      Death.
      This made me LOL irl.