[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Qq (3)

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $31.38 (125.5 bb)
      BTN: $8.58 (34.3 bb)
      UTG: $27.76 (111 bb)
      Hero (MP): $52.57 (210.3 bb)
      SB: $10.19 (40.8 bb)
      BB: $34.47 (137.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, 4 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 9 8 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.57, Hero raises to $4, UTG calls $2.43

Turn: ($10.35) K (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.35) J (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.38, Hero calls $7.38

UTG: http://pbrd.co/13psV0V
      vs 3bet: http://pbrd.co/13psZO5

I called preflop because he was quite spewy postflop, and he 4bets only premium, so I thought flat > 3bet/fold. I planned to go raise/broke on this board, because a lot of turn card is bad to me, and his preflop opening range is quite wide. After he called, his range is TP/OVP, and draws. Can we call river with 2nd nut flush? Seemed like a bad call to me, because of his flop calling range, he won't have bluff here, because he had to call flop with something, so a not flush made hand wouldn't bet the river, and the only flush he could have here is the nutflush.
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      but he still is flatting super wide oop. i think it's def a value 3bet even if you want to 3bet/fold

as played i don't like your postflop plan, surely raise/broke flop must be overplaying as his broke range will most likely be crushing you (way ahead/flipping)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: Why would we call a hand like this versus a guy that only folds to 3-bets ~50% of the time and opens 23% of hands? Sure he may have a tighter shove range but we at least have value from his calling range (as tomaloc mentioned).

As played we should fold the river. Nothing worse really bets after we check back the turn unless it's a weird KK/JJ hand going for thin value however in that case I'd expect a smaller bet.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      So just 3bet, and easy fold if he 4bets? Against this guy whats the weakest hand we could play value 3bet/fold? JJ, AJs, KQs? or maybe TT, ATs, KJs?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      So just 3bet, and easy fold if he 4bets? Against this guy whats the weakest hand we could play value 3bet/fold? JJ, AJs, KQs? or maybe TT, ATs, KJs?
      I wouldn't say it's an easy fold unless you really expect him to stack off tight and not 4-bet bluff. And if we have a bit of an aggro image we can't expect that.

However, if you are folding QQ to a 4-bet you will also fold AK or other hands you go for thin value like JJ, AQo, AJs+, KQs, etc.