This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh 56s SB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $2.04 (102 bb)
      BB: $2.63 (131.5 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $3.40 (170 bb)
      CO: $2.69 (134.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.90 (95 bb) 88/6/17 hands

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5 :spade: 6 :spade:
      3 folds, BTN calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks

preflop ok the complete ? the iso oop is a bit too thin also folding is weak against such a fish + we got a good speculative hand.

Flop: ($0.06) A:heart: 3:spade: K:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, BB folds, BTN calls $0.04

the flop give us the fd + we are 3way so i think lead is fine .

Turn: ($0.14) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

turn give us the OESD and i think bet is okish rather than c/c

River: ($0.30) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.22, BTN raises to $0.44, SB calls $0.22

ther river give us a flus . And the opp min raise . In a bigger raise i would def fold cause he is repping a better flus like always however i am getting very goo pot odds to fold. So i call.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I'd rather fold this. Don't really want to limp this hand and get involved with such a dominated hand OOP.

On the flop I'd rather go for a check/call there. Don't really think we have much fold equity here, and with 6 high we shouldn't be making the pot bigger.

As played, I doubt we have any fold equity against the fish, so I'd check/call there.

On the river bet/calling is fine.
      The minraise isn't good but I don't think we can ever fold against this guy and 3betting is overplaying.

Best,
      Plamen
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: If villain plays weakly postflop I would isoraise here cos we will win on the Flop with a Flop cbet really often. But I think completing the SB is fine.

Flop: Pot here as a semi bluff with our FD

Turn: I would pot again, and hopefully we can fold out some gutshots and KX hands.

River: We are not doing too well vs a river raise but we have a flush and pot odds are really great. I don't see how we can fold now.

Thanks.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Preflop I'd rather fold this. Don't really want to limp this hand and get involved with such a dominated hand OOP.

Hey what hands are good for completing in this spot ? i mean with broadways i iso. I tend to complete here with small pp's scs the small ones and Axs .

However now i see the mbml post so maybe its a close spot ? and both options are fine .?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Folding is 0 EV. So it boils down to whether u think u can call or raise and net a positive EV. IMO its not too difficult to play this suited connector profitably esp when u are getting 16% pot odds preflop.

Abt your general preflop strategy i think its fine.