bankroll managment concept?

• tonyzer
      tonyzer
      Bronze
      hey guys ive been playing the 3.50 hypers on stars and doing fine i recently deposited some more cash and moved to 7 i had a bankroll of 950 i hit a downswing untill i reached 748 and started playing 3.50 again because i did not have atleast 100 bi for 7.
      i understand the conservative 100 bi rule im using however here comes the catch.
      i have 750 dollars i play one game and i have to go back to 3.50?
      how many bi for 7 should i have if the MINIMUM is 750= losing tolerance of 0 games ? should i just grind my way up to 110 bi (820) and play till i hit an upswing or go back to 3.50?

i am really struggling today to figure up the ideal approach and what to do
      if anyone has any insight on this atleast what you personaly use will be very useful thx :) :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey tonyzer

I moved your thread.

Bankroll management (BRM) is something you can set up yourself! I don't play sng's, I play cash but I'll have a go.

So some ppl play by the 25BI rule on cash games. This means that once they reach 25BI for a limit they move up. And like you said this means that if you lose 1BI you have to move down again. It's a bit stupid to move up and down the whole time. Thats why most ppl when they move up they say "I'm going to take a 5BI shot" So whenever they go under 20BI's they're going to stop to play that limit and move down again. Once they reach 25BI's they take another 5BI shot.

When you're going to take the shot and how many BI's you want is all up to you. Some ppl wait till they have 30BI's and take a 5BI shot and move down again when they drop under 25BI's. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with what you're doing and that you follow your BRM!

Hope this made a bit sense?

RasTweet
    • tonyzer
      tonyzer
      Bronze
      sorry i did a mistake i got confused that it was 7.50 bi thus the wrong number for 750 i meant 700 is 100 bi
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey tonyzer,

For hypers I would have 150 BI BRM at the minimum. It's a sick, sick game format and ideally you would need to have mastery of tilt control :)

Regards,
      Gary