[NL20-NL50] nl 50 FR AQs

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $75.25 (150.5 bb)
      UTG: $25.27 (50.5 bb)
      MP: $20 (40 bb)
      CO: $79.23 (158.5 bb)
      BTN: $67.13 (134.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50.25 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 3 6 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

Turn: ($20.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.75, CO calls $10.75

River: ($42) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $42 pot ($1.89 rake)
      Final Board: 3 6 5 2 9
      CO showed J J and won $40.11 ($19.36 net)
      Hero showed Q A and lost (-$20.75 net)

Hello,
      Villains stats was: 19/14, 3/4 fold to 3bet, 0/1 fold to cbet.
      pre I 3bet cause I didnt have much info about him (I had like 200 hands), and wanned to make life easier.
      And I thought he was on HJ, I think with nit in BB and knowing open raiser is on co I could call.
      As played on flop, without backdoor FD I would check/fold cause he has many overpairs.
      So I decided to bet, but then I started to think- what if spade wont come on Turn, which is most likely?( SHolud I check/fold Turn then? If yes then bet on flop probably doesnt make any sense because of little folding equity). And even if spade comes on the Turn, does bet have any sense now, especcialy if its some low card like 2? He probably wont fold TT, maybe even 77,88 will call. So if I bet Turn on spade card I think I should ship River and see if he is calling station.
      Besides i came to conclusion that if I bet this flop with my backdoors I should triple barrel on almost any Turn and River, because if I x/f that Flop with that hand, then I will be too easy to play with and I will give up too many pots (at least I think so).
      But there is one more thing: he is almost unknown, so maybe I should x/f that flop which is most safe?
      Now his stats are 21/15, call open 16%, ft3b 5/9. So I would probably bet once to get rid of KJ type of hands which could bluff me out of pot and I would give up.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sand,

Preflop: I would only 3-bet here if we can do it for value. Our hand is really nice but we rather not turn it into a bluff.

Postflop: Given he is more unknown than not we should definitely cbet at least one street to get random overcards to fold. Without information I wouldn't assume that he has too many random floats so I can't see us justifying a 3-barrel on such a dry board as most pairs will have a very hard time folding (which is the bulk of his range by the river).
    • sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      Hey, so would you still bet on spaded Turn, knowing that pocket pairs most of the time dont fold? If so Would you shove on any K and J for bluff hoping him to fold 77-TT and shove on A and Q hoping he will call nevertheless?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sandraardnas
      Hey, so would you still bet on spaded Turn, knowing that pocket pairs most of the time dont fold? If so Would you shove on any K and J for bluff hoping him to fold 77-TT and shove on A and Q hoping he will call nevertheless?
      I think the turn can be a check/shove given our equity and potential for him to float.

I think that's a better play to just betting the turn.