This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl100 top pair vs decent reg

• muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Not sure what I was thinking otr, trying to get him shove draws maybe, should I be shoving this? i assume he'd shove his 2pairs and overpairs ott. my options are shove and check call?

he opens about 90% buttons, CBF 38% and fold to river cb 58%.

notes on him:

calls 3bet with AA K64dd flop calls cbet Q turn shoves 2x pot when checked to

calls 4b with TJs

calls 3b with 52o

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2185834
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $339.06
      BTN/SB: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with K :heart: 9 :club:
      BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.00) 9 :diamond: 6 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $5, Hero raises to $17, BTN/SB calls $12

Turn: ($40.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $20, BTN/SB calls $20

River: ($80.00) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think Flop play is certainly fine with Q9+ for thin value since this is Headsup.

River: Our options are to shove River or c/c River. On a high card like the Ace or Queen, I much prefer shoving cos we are going to get looked up lighter IMO cos those are "obvious" bluff cards.

Here the pairing of the 7 isn't too bad but it may improve part of villain's range too, like 78 or T7. But overall I still think we should push the River as we are going to get looked up pretty light when both flush draws missed.

I just think that the EV of value betting thinly vs his weaker bluff catching range > the EV of inducing bluffs from busted draws