[NL2-NL10] NL10 Zoom FR betsizing in 4bet pot

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      UTG+2: $9.72 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 2, AF: 1,5, Hands: 859
      MP1: $9.03 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 7, 3B: 2, AF: 2,2, Hands: 178
      CO: $19.05 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 20, 3B: 33, AF: 2,0, Hands: 20

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :club: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, CO calls $1.60

Flop: ($5.75) K :heart: T :club: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.70, CO folds

Final Pot: $5.75
      Hero wins $5.49
      (Rake: $0.26)

So i 4bet the squeeze and he just calls. Flop comes draw heavy so i bet big to get drawing hands to fold. The first question is how much should i bet preflop in this spot vs reg and vs fish? Reg in this spot will only continue with AA i think, but how about fish, AI with KK+,AK and call with JJ+,AJs+? And second question is what to do on the flop like this because only better hands will call (or the same as i have). Ok, mby he would call with AK, but he would be really dumb to play it like that. (123bb deep here)

And another scenario were i would like to ask some advice- lets say in this spot i dont have A :club: but lets say A :heart: , so oponent very likely can have AQclubs or AJclubs (only fish would call these hand preflop ofc, but lets say he is a fish) and i would have quity of 54 vs 46 in my favour against these hands. What betsize would be good in this case?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Vuciitis,

Standard sizing in 4bet pots is usually close to 1/3rd pot so around $1.90 here.

Protection is usually a lot less important in 4-bet pots because the SPR is so low. Even if bad cards come you are committed anyway. If you are concerned about the possibility villain is not calling with JJ,QQ, and that you block AK, it would be fine to bet smaller here. With your current sizing villain is never going to bluff-jam.

If you are going to bet $4.70 I think you might as-well jam. It looks more like you want folds rather than calls. You are more likely to get snapped off by JJ if you are potentially bluffing with AQ. I think either option (betting $2 or jamming) may possibly be superior to $4.70.

As for your preflop play, it's fine. CO is usually pretty strong when he squeezes vs 3 EP players. 25% of effective stacks is a standard 4bet sizing.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      really nice answer, u made many things more clear for me!

tnx :)