This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BRM for a satellite to a mtt in late reg.

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Hello! I tend to have big swings in micro mtts on stars so decided to play with conservative brm. (about 500 buy ins)

But what kind of brm should i use when i play a satellite that will end when the target mtts is in late registration? (cant unregister anymore?)

Like taking a "shot" on sunday and playing a couple satellites to Sunday Warm up..
  • 4 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I don't think it is wrong to take shots through sats ones in a while which are out of your limits. Although if these tournaments would be a large percentage of your bankroll it proably wiser to go with the sats. where you still can unreg and just take the money.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      I don't think it is wrong to take shots through sats ones in a while which are out of your limits. Although if these tournaments would be a large percentage of your bankroll it proably wiser to go with the sats. where you still can unreg and just take the money.
      Ty 4 the reply. So what would be a too large percentage of my bankroll to put on a satellite to a mtt that i cant unregister from?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - in general your bankroll should be at least 200 times the buyin amount. If you play Pokerstars only I recommend 400 times the buyin. It doesn't matter if you invest this money into a satellite or a standard tourney.

If you have the choice, I would rather invest it into a tournament that suits your BRM, instead of playing some very expensive tournament (where you qualified through a sat) where you have a way smaller edge as well as possible problems in the late game (scared of money effect etc).

Regards,
      Asaban
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      Ty 4 the reply. So what would be a too large percentage of my bankroll to put on a satellite to a mtt that i cant unregister from?
      think it is better to avoid those . like Asaban said your edge is mostlikely pretty small in those and if it the buy-in is a large part of your bankroll being able to unreg will be pretty good for you already