BRM for a satellite to a mtt in late reg.

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Hello! I tend to have big swings in micro mtts on stars so decided to play with conservative brm. (about 500 buy ins)

But what kind of brm should i use when i play a satellite that will end when the target mtts is in late registration? (cant unregister anymore?)

Like taking a "shot" on sunday and playing a couple satellites to Sunday Warm up..
  • 4 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I don't think it is wrong to take shots through sats ones in a while which are out of your limits. Although if these tournaments would be a large percentage of your bankroll it proably wiser to go with the sats. where you still can unreg and just take the money.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      I don't think it is wrong to take shots through sats ones in a while which are out of your limits. Although if these tournaments would be a large percentage of your bankroll it proably wiser to go with the sats. where you still can unreg and just take the money.
      Ty 4 the reply. So what would be a too large percentage of my bankroll to put on a satellite to a mtt that i cant unregister from?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Well - in general your bankroll should be at least 200 times the buyin amount. If you play Pokerstars only I recommend 400 times the buyin. It doesn't matter if you invest this money into a satellite or a standard tourney.

If you have the choice, I would rather invest it into a tournament that suits your BRM, instead of playing some very expensive tournament (where you qualified through a sat) where you have a way smaller edge as well as possible problems in the late game (scared of money effect etc).

Regards,
      Asaban
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      Ty 4 the reply. So what would be a too large percentage of my bankroll to put on a satellite to a mtt that i cant unregister from?
      think it is better to avoid those . like Asaban said your edge is mostlikely pretty small in those and if it the buy-in is a large part of your bankroll being able to unreg will be pretty good for you already