[NL20-NL50] SH25 AK OOP v two aggressive players.

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      CO and BU

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      BB ($23.40)
      UTG ($9.81)
      Hero ($25)
      CO ($17.52)
      BTN ($32.73)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO raises to $2.50, BTN raises to $5.90, fold, fold, Hero raises to $25 (AI), CO calls $15.02 (AI), BTN calls $19.10

FLOP ($67.87) A:spade: 3:spade: 2:diamond:

TURN ($67.87) A:spade: 3:spade: 2:diamond: 9:spade:

RIVER ($67.87) A:spade: 3:spade: 2:diamond: 9:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero shows K:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 85.4%, Turn 92.9%)

CO shows K:heart: K:diamond:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 5.0%, Turn 2.4%)

BTN shows Q:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 9.6%, Turn 4.8%)

BTN wins $65.87

Is shoving here the worst option? With the pot size what it was by the time it was my turn to act again I didn't want to flat and have to check fold most flops, but it felt like I was making a bad decision at the time and I can't see what I'm really going to be ahead of.

Is folding much of a mistake pre?

Call > Fold > Shove??
  • 2 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I don't think we can here call. So for me it is a push or fold situation.
      First of all I would check out my image on the table. Also you have to respect your position, it is not a steal/resteal situation. Decision is hard, but AKs I would never fold. AKo is really tough, because even someone makes loose moves and will not call our push, he probably has a blocker which is bad for us. Without some 3bet dinamic I would fold.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is a tough spot.

CO is loose and aggro so I'm not too afraid of him. BU seems to be more solid, at 22/17 but his 3bet is 12%. Then again sample is pretty small at 100 hands and over a small sample we can infer that he is probably more of the type to fight for late position spots and not cold 4b light.

I would lean towards a fold because I don't think BU is getting too out of line. If this were CO vs BU vs SB, I would be more inclined to push here.

And I agree with pokerferrer here - I don't think calling is an option so it's push or fold.