6max cash help please!

• PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I have now switched from MTTs to cash games, withdrew all my money and decided to start from scratch. I have started 2NL 6max approx 1 week ago. Question is how do I know I have beaten the limit?
      I now have a profit of 23bb/100 over 11K + hands. Is that good, bad?
      How about NL5, & NL10? what should this statistic be ? How many hands should I play to be certain that I've beaten the limit ?

Thanks! :f_p:
  • 9 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      C'mon guys!
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      11k hands is not a sample. You need at least 50-60k hands, and 100k+ is preferable.

Moving up a level should be in direct correlation with:

1. Your bankroll
      2. Your game level (skill, mental)
      3. Your game plan to move up/down when you should.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      11k hands is not a sample. You need at least 50-60k hands, and 100k+ is preferable.

Moving up a level should be in direct correlation with:

1. Your bankroll
      2. Your game level (skill, mental)
      3. Your game plan to move up/down when you should.
      pretty much what he said, even after like 1 million hands, you can determine your winrate to only about +- 0.75bb/100, and since u have to consider your game changes all the time, its absolutely impossible to determine your true winrate...

50k hands should give you a basic insight of how are u doing and if ur really beating the limit though...

as to moving up, i think for NL2/5/10/20 it is enough to take shots with 20bi's, but u have to be disciplined enough to move down as soon as you fail the shot...

but that really depends on you a your comfortability only... if u dont feel comfortablee enough, than go and take shots with 50bi's... if u feel like taking it with 20bi's then by all means, go for it!
      wouldnt go lower than 20 though, it might prove disasterous
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Will move this to our NL board as well. May get more views here ;)

Thanks to all who posted so far btw :)
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      what ppl above said.

11k is no sample, its just a couple of good sessions.

50K sample needed.

Be quite aggro with your BRM imo, as rake is killing winrates in micro stakes.
    • camelz3391
      camelz3391
      Bronze
      If you had said you had a 5bb/100 winrate of 11k hands then I would advise to stick around and log some more hands (50k like others said) however at 23bb/100 its pretty clear that your smashing the game.

You can comfortably move up so long as your bank roll allows it. Just dont get carried away and start playing outside of your bankroll and be ready to move down if you have a few losing sessions.
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      camelz3391 thanks for replying ! Getting carried away is my biggest problem but I am trying my best not to :D
      Bronze
      23bb/100 is a brilliant winrate, even at NL2. I'm actually curious how is it on a bigger sample, since some time has passed since you've started this topic.

I think that with a positive winrate and confidence, not getting the scary money effect, you should shoot at the higher stakes pretty aggressively. Any BI limits should depend entirely on your comfort level, but 20-30 is a standard guideline for micro and small stakes.

There's also no "what my winrate should be" answer. It is how it is and your aim is to make it the highest possible. You move up and down the stakes judging on your bankroll, not your winrate.
    • jakelamotta
      jakelamotta
      Basic
      Not much to add but with that winrate it might actually be enough to put you in the winner intervall with high certainty. To determine exact winrates you need an unbelieveable amount of hands so dont focus on that. But since the winrate is huge Id move up as quickly as I felt comfortable, remember the rake, its killing you at those limits.