This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50- straight vs possible flush/boat

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $56.37
      Hero: $58.65
      CO: $54.09
      Button: $34.75
      SB: $38.25
      BB: $101.22

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 7:club: 6:club:
      UTG folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2[/color], CO calls, 3 folds.

working on playing pretty agressively preflop, won't usually raise this hand here

Flop: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 3:diamond: ($4.75, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $4[/color], CO calls.

This is a good flop for me, and I though my hand needed protection so I bet pretty big

Turn: 4:club: ($12.75, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $9[/color], CO calls.

I've hit my straight but don't want to see another diamond, so I bet pretty big again

River: 5:heart: ($30.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets $20[/color], Hero calls.

When he calls my turn bet I'm worried about him having the made flush or maybe a set/2 pair that turned into a fullhouse on the river, so I check call the river. I though I was probably beat when I called, but didn't think I should fold the straight...bad call by me??
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like how you played pf, flop and turn.
      c/c river is fine. I´ll never gonna play c/f straight, since villain hasn´t shown any strength so far. If he had two pair or set, he´d re-raise flop to protect his hand.
      So only hand that beat you is flopped flush and that is so unlikely.
      Since players would check back a lot on that river, if they don´t have very good hand, then I like to lead out myself 25$ and fold to the shove.
      c/c is good when you think that player could have flushdraw and now taking a stab on the pot.