The road to success comes through hard work, determination, and personal sacrifice!!!

• Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Hello everyone,my name is Alex and I'm 27 y old,and playing poker for almost 16months,I'm from RO so my english is a little bit rusty,apologise for that.
      This blog isn't about me,it's just about poker and making a living from it.

Few words...
      At the moment I'm struggling to beat 50NL on Stars(wish to hit supernova level until oct) ,I'm that kind of guy who know the basics,put the right volume month by month 6-11 tables,but not study enough,I make few bucks monthly,that are enough by the moment in my country.
      Things will change a bit in the future,I will chose a different approach for the game,so I will study more/play less ,the main Objective is IMPROVING my game every month .
      I hope english community is more active ,and some of u guys who also play micros will want to discuss ofc poker topics,hands etc etc.

I will post my year results,ENJOY...

.... took first shoots to 100NL,so I am happy about that..
      Also tried ZOOM,but def not my game :f_biggrin:
  • 160 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogging section Alex and I wish you the best of luck!
    • Rains7
      Rains7
      Bronze
      Hallo Sir :D

Wish you good luck as well!
      I'm also trying to improve my a lot but I am currently at NL2 so... :D
      Nice graph btw :s_biggrin:
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      TY..TY...Will see if this blog will be a good one or NOT :f_biggrin:

So 1st hand to post...
      Agree the sample isnt very relevant,but....
      Villain is 22/15 3b 6.5(never 3b vs early) ,call open 17,BIP 100,AF 1.50/3/6 fold to cbet 44/33/0 raise cbet 0/2 , 240hands sample

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $93.31 (186.6 bb)
      MP: $61.61 (123.2 bb)
      CO: $57.47 (114.9 bb)
      BTN: $37.32 (74.6 bb)
      SB: $50.50 (101 bb)
      BB: $54.38 (108.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 5
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T 4 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP calls $6

River: ($20.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $13, Hero calls $13

Don't want to say to much about it,want some of u to comment.
      Cbet flop I think is stanadard,ofc x/f is perfect,but I can rep a very strong range.
      Once I get called and get more EQ decide to go for the barelling mode hoping to protect my hand against floats with great EQ on the board..I think is still value vs AQ.AK.AJ.Fd's + Villain will fold without history pairs that peels once ,regarding his agresion factor OTT ,I expect him to make here a move with sets.
      OTR I don't see the reason for a bet,I can't see what pays OTT and fold OTR,I don't think VIllain has that much 10x hands in his range and def wont valuebet OTR.
      I am pretty much facing a Q that hits OTR and bluffs once he bets.
      I didn't like the Queen,because hands like KQfd,AQ, are there ,ofc QQ also in his range,but like I said his River AF decide me to make this call...

Other opinions???TNX.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      c/f flop, as played i'd rather spaz out the river myself than check/call, probably better to c/f though :p
      don't think he has that many busted draws, only draw that was on the flop were fd... maybe some Ax clubs (and if he does a double float with that then congratulations)

def shouldn't look at river af for 240 hands, stats on river usually take pretty long to converge.
      also as you said yourself, the Q also improves his range so it's a super ez fold with bottom of your range.
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      c/f flop, as played i'd rather spaz out the river myself than check/call, probably better to c/f though :p
      don't think he has that many busted draws, only draw that was on the flop were fd... maybe some Ax clubs (and if he does a double float with that then congratulations)

def shouldn't look at river af for 240 hands, stats on river usually take pretty long to converge.
      also as you said yourself, the Q also improves his range so it's a super ez fold with bottom of your range.
      I posted the hand on the evaluation forum,happy to hear some thoughts.
      Agree with hand sample,BUT,AJ,AK ar also in his range,and Villain isn't rep a set,AA,KK as a astandard 3b pre.

Will VIllain valuebet without history vs UTG JJ or 10x???what 10x is a standard flat vs UTG in 1st place???
      There is the aditional option that he will call with 99 turn ,but don't think will bluff it OTR:)

Agree with x/f flop..
      But I think OTR is close.or not so ez fold ,I hope mbml will evaluate the hand.
      And yupz that Q really s....ks:)

This is that kind of hand where u fold flop and save ure winrate.
      Like Gordon say over and over again in his vids,no need for fancy plays,play solid and the rest will make mistakes...
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      I'd cbet flop and turn for sure. But would make it a bit bigger (especially on the flop). Then cb turn like 3/4, and if he calls that, its easy check/fold river.
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      c/f river as played. What busted draws does he have? AKdd, AJdd, KJdd only since I doubt he calls twice with 89dd. There are no gut shots on the flop for his range. So maybe 3-5 combos of busted draws.

But what about his value hands? ATs, QTs, KTs, TT, 44, 22 (doesn't always raise turn), JJ, QQ, KK, Ad5d. That's 30 combos. Even without sets and only JJ/QQ betting river, it's 8 combos and probably still a fold.
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      hi,guys

@tomzyb,@ains Glad to see that u put the effort to explain your point of view..

BAd play agreee...If u are interested in another opinion...

Here is the MBML opinion
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Subscribed! Good luck mate!
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Ty @Gabi...

One interesting hand from todays session(play poor volume,because i'm studying a lot these moments)

CO is a fish
      BB is 23/19 3b 6 SQ 3,AF 2/2(every street),fold to cbet 56/20/67 600hands
      hm,I expect him to SQ AQ,Ak pre just because I played loose and teh CO is a station.
      I feel there is value OTR against KQ,or Qj ulinkely but don't see what else could he play like that,once I have theJ :diamond: ,some of his broadways combos are blocked.

If I bet what size it should be??

CO: $41.03 (82.1 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $54.64 (109.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J J
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 5 J Q (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, CO folds, BB calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.50, BB calls $8.50

River: ($28.75) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero????

Should I VALUEBET again OTR???What size...TY!!!
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      I'd bet river again for sure. I dont think he calls the turn that size with AK again unless it's diamonds (he prolly 3b preflop anyways) and he's not c/c K9 on the flop. Other than that it's just pairs+ diamond BDFD that continue on flop and turn, that beats u on river. If that happens, too bad :) So i would just bet $20+ and hope i cooler him or that he convinces himself into calling with stuff like KQ.. And i think he folds weaker than TP to 13-15$ bet aswell as he is for $20. So thats why i think betting smaller doesnt make sense.

+ prolly fold if he raises AI, eventhough i'd have only ~15$ left to call. Because our $20 bet should look like we are commited and he will notice that bcs he isnt some random fish. So i expect him never to bluff if he raises us. But enaugh on this, it's just a thought what would i do in case of geting raised.
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      NO need for fancy plays...Improving my winrate agains weak players.
      Enjoy...

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $58.93 (117.9 bb)
      BB: $53.24 (106.5 bb)
      CO: $22.64 (45.3 bb)
      BTN: $51.13 (102.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      CO folds, BTN raises to $1.35, Hero calls $1.10, BB folds

Flop: ($3.20) 3 6 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Standard

Turn: ($6.20) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $6, Hero calls $3

B>x/c IMO still hope to fold 22,44 hands 6x and ofc thin value his draws less Ax.

River: ($18.20) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $50.08 and is all-in, BTN calls $42.28 and is all-in

Is a passive fish once he minraise obvious have a strong hand,ofc I have great odds for calling OTT,but also want maximum value when I hit...there it is

Hero showed K Q and won $101.26 ($50.13 net)
      BTN showed 8 6 and lost (-$51.13 net)
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hey Yozan

Just wondering why you think flop is standard?

Not saying that it isn't...just wondering your thoughts =)
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Originally posted by nooni2k
      Hey Yozan

Just wondering why you think flop is standard?

Not saying that it isn't...just wondering your thoughts =)

Hello @nooni2k
      I'm working at my math(so please excuse me if I am wrong)
      bet 1.50 to take 1.5+3.20....1.5/4.7=33% if this guy folds to cbet >33% is oke to bet .

Now ,I know I did not make public VIllain stats because the sample was 40hands and He played 50/17 fold to cbet 70% irrelevant.
      But let's see my hand EQ(a fish has a very wide range btw) I have O/C+BDST+BDFD common dude u must bet here there are so many turns that improve our EQ..
      IMO it's an easy cbet vs reg but the sizing must be standard 3/4.

SO if I make him fold the flop,I make instant profit ,no need to risk more (even if my math skills are bad :f_frown: ) ,is not like we play ONLY FLOP in Texas HOldem...there is so much EQ to improve..

Other thoughts I like betting or raising game more than c/calling and tricky/induce moves...
      There is still more to improve.. :f_cool:
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      okay so the only reason I asked was because you didn't raise preflop, so it's not a cbet. It's actually a donkbet.

I'm still not saying it's bad I'm just wondering your thought process
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      okay so the only reason I asked was because you didn't raise preflop, so it's not a cbet. It's actually a donkbet.

I'm still not saying it's bad I'm just wondering your thought process

OMG....Ty TY
      oke take my explanation in a cbet MODE(if Hero is PFR my explanation is VALID)
      and mY mistake here the math is the same
      I like this line for pot control.

MY mystake again!!!posted hand in a hurry and u know...
      Glad to see that u observed ...Keep it coming pls!
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hehe, no worries mate, will do.

I'm actually wondering whether your line works as a donkbet line too. Hm not sure tbh, maybe vs a reg who will fold missed overs or call one street then fold turn (obv it works when you back into the 2nd nuts but hey :) )
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Hehe, no worries mate, will do.

I'm actually wondering whether your line works as a donkbet line too. Hm not sure tbh, maybe vs a reg who will fold missed overs or call one street then fold turn (obv it works when you back into the 2nd nuts but hey :) )
      I play very aggro from the blinds...so this is a spot for c/r and barell ....this is my line vs regs

I don't know why I called preflop is def a value 3b,but as played,I like it for pot control...
      Is not like I can't fold if he goes all In or dosen't give me the correct odds to continue.

GL!
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Platinum
      Villain is TAG-Nitty style (side)
      WTSD 18% cbet 67/55/50 sample 700hands

I choose to bluff only if the flush hits ofc,because I have the nutFD blocker and due to his WTSD low percentage I think V must fold O/P ,don't know if he is capable to fold a flush in this spot.
      Some other thoughts???

CO: $65.85 (131.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $84.68 (169.4 bb)
      SB: $20 (40 bb)
      BB: $32.56 (65.1 bb)
      UTG: $55.37 (110.7 bb)
      MP: $73.76 (147.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 3 9 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($8.25) 3 (2 players)
      UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($18.25) J (2 players)
      UTG bets $15, Hero raises to $75.93 and is all-in, UTG folds

BTW I have started playng pkr some while ago at my laptop ,16 months later,there is my desk...ENJOY...