This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50- AQ in 3 bet pot

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $33.65
      CO: $106.17
      Hero: $51.90
      SB: $86.34
      BB: $44.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A:diamond: Q:spade:
      UTG folds, CO calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]SB raises to $7[/color], 2 folds, Hero calls.

I don't have much of a read on the SB preflop, but I've been raising quite a bit preflop so I called his 3 bet with AQ

Flop: 7:spade: T:heart: A:club: ($15, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]SB bets $10[/color], Hero calls.

The flop seems like a good one for me, I thought his probable hands at this point were TT-KK or AT+ so I'm ahead of most of his range. I just call because I don't think he'll call a reraise with anything worse than I have

Turn: 3:heart: ($35, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]SB bets $35[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero calls all-in $34.9[/color].
      Uncalled bets: $0.1 returned to SB.

With the big bet on the turn, I though he was either pushing me out of the pot, or had AK,AT or TT. I don't know if I should have called or not...I felt like kinda like a calling station. We had played a few big pot together though and that made me lean towards thinking that he was bullying me...
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Interesting hand.
      If you call AQ pf, imo you have to go with your hand postflop if you hit tp.
      So i liked how you played your hand postflop, but if this was first time when SB 3-bet then I prefer folding pf- because you don´t want to get stacked on that board against AK.