This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 ATs TPTK in 3bet vs. flop raise deep

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $63.17 (126.3 bb)
      SB: $102.25 (204.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $83.68 (167.4 bb)
      MP: $94.32 (188.6 bb)
      CO: $56.58 (113.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: A:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1, SB calls $0.75, Hero raises to $4, BTN folds, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) T:heart: 3:diamond: 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB raises to $12, Hero folds

Results: $21 pot ($1.05 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: 3:diamond: 9:heart:
      SB mucked and won $19.95 ($9.95 net)
      Hero mucked T:spade: A:spade: and lost (-$10 net)

Stats:

I think preflop is fine to squeeze for value.

On the flop? I saw him ch/c twice TPNK on dry board in single raise pot (J9o on 945r Kr)

So i`m not sure what he is raising there. Perhaps stronger made hands and some draws and maybe some random hands? During play, i folded because i thought that he will barrel me (because of turn/river agg.freq) and we were deeper.

But folding is too weak vs. him and i don`t like it now.

I guess my best play is to call flop and perhaps bluffcatch on blank turns?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I disagree with your play and agree with your postgame analysis. Odds to call on flop are way too good and we are up against a ton of draws on this flop.

Call blank turns, fold on turns and decide on blank rivers whether he bluffs enough of the time.