[NL20-NL50] TT Co vs Bu

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $22.15 (110.7 bb)
      BTN: $20.40 (102 bb)
      SB: $27.48 (137.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      BTN raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.30) 5 2 A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.30) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.95, Hero raises to $8.80, BTN raises to $18.80 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $20.90 pot ($1.04 rake)
      Final Board: 5 2 A Q
      Hero mucked T T and lost (-$10.40 net)
      BTN mucked and won $19.86 ($9.46 net)

In retrospect i prefer 3betting preflop against a button open 3handed especially. As played my plan was to c/c this flop then c/r any turn card apart from maybe another club to try represent the flush or at least an Ace. Was the c/c a mistake?

Looking at this hand again i think i prefer a c/f on the turn because i don't think a c/r is getting called by any worse hands and am only folding out some weak Queens at best maybe Q8,Q9. I think I found this difficult because his range is so wide and perhaps wanted to protect against single club type hands with overcards to my TT.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: vs someone with a conservative cbet range (60% or less) we should cf flop cos we are crushed by a betting range of sets, Ax, flushes and some one flushdraws. If he cbets frequently ill probably call once and fold future streets, maybe leading river if turn or river brings another so we can turn our hand into a bluff.

Turn: the raise here is rly spewy. Villain showed a good amt of strengrh by betting twice. To make this turn play i much prefer having a in my hand to block flush combos from villain's range. If u are raising tt here u are probably doing this with a rly high frequncy which is hoghly exploitable.