BB: $27.52
      UTG: $27.83
      MP: $6.19
      CO: $18.16

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:heart: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.25
      villain 4-tabling, no hands.

i minraise because i am experimenting with opening overall ~60%+ sb, it's super opponent dependant ofc (against unknown reg looking i stick with anysuited+) but i just minraise against everyone.
      in this case i have no idea how wide this guy is defending :f_biggrin:

in general i don't think most people are actually defending anywhere near 50%+, they probably will though once they get more of a sample on me...
      i guess i'll just revert to 3x and standard then

Flop: ($1.00, 2 players) 7:spade: 5:diamond: 6:heart:
      Hero bets $0.66, BB calls $0.66

Turn: ($2.32, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero bets $1.50, fold

Hero wins $2.22

as it happened it's whatever, but my plan was to c/f turn on any cards that didn't improve me and 3barrel on hearts... on K i dunno.
      do you think it's valid to 3barrel to try to get him off pair+sd type of hands or is that not enough of his range?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

Preflop: It's fine to experiment around with different sizes but for me I would just 3X by default. Many others have tried minraising or even open limping so you could look into those alternatives.

If I turn a King I would 3 barrel for value. I think that a 2 barrel strategy is not good here so we should just 3barrel or 1barrel.

Hearts are definitely a 3barrel, I think the Ace is a decent card to bluff at as well - This is unlike low paired flops where Ace high is going to call the Flop cbet really often. On this texture our betting range is going to be pretty strong so Ace high is usually folding Flop.

On a low blank card like 2/3/4, I think it's fine just to c/f unless you have more reads on his postflop tendencies on how he plays vs Flop and Turn and River cbets.