This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50- AKs flush draw on flop

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $49.45
      CO: $36.70
      Button: $25.24
      SB: $64.96
      BB: $50.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A:diamond: K:diamond:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2[/color], CO folds, [color:#cc0000]Button raises to $4[/color], 2 folds, Hero calls.

I think this is a pretty easy call preflop, although there's a possibility that he has me dominated

Flop: 7:diamond: 6:diamond: 8:heart: ($8.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]Button bets $4[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $14[/color], [color:#cc0000]Button raises all-in $21.24[/color], Hero calls.

I went for a check raise, because I have a ton of outs, especially if he has a pair QQ and under. When he pushes I obviously have the odds to call now. My question is whether this is a good play, because if he's a weak player, he's representing Aces or Kings preflop, and against these 2 hands my outs are limited. (The other thing is that I've been min3bet a few times preflop as a weak steal attempt because they see that I'm raising pretty loose)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m not sure that BU holds here AA or KK most of the times. He could easily min-raise with TT or JJ.
      But I think calling oop is better, since he´d often call your 4-bet ip and you miss often enough that have to c/f
      So keeping pot small pf is good.
      Flop: he won´t fold any overpair and he bets 1/2 pot giving you correct odds to see turn card and if you hit A, K or flush, then you can bet for value.
      If not then he might bet again small on the turn and you can cheap river card.
      No need to get all-in on the flop against bad player when you´re behind.