[NL20-NL50] AQ against unknown

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.35) 5, J, 3 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.35) Q (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.40, CO raises to $4.80, Hero calls $2.40.

River: ($13.95) T (2 players)
      CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

Final Pot: $24.95.
      47 hands  vpip29 pfr16 wtsd30

he was almost unknown while we played this hand.
      I thought he could be fish,so guessed he wouldnt fold to CB and checked on the flop.
      my play was okey?
  • 2 replies
    • pokerferrer
      Versus unknown I am more inclined to just call preflop on the button.
      As played I think floating flop is standart here, because most of the time we will not hit turn and will face bet, which we cannot call with Ace-high. So on the flop we are balancing our strong hands and want to get pot right now.

After turn for us it is a pretty cheap calldown for info, sometimes we are even ahead. I would play the same.
    • EmanuelC16

After we 3bet preflop I think we should cbet here more often than not. Our goal is to make him fold middle pairs by the river.

As played, calling turn and river can't be that bad but I still think it's likely -EV. His bluff range is not really wide, what hands could he bluff with? His value range definitely can contain QJ and sets (not all since some lead turn after flop check back).. On the river, one of the bluffs we can assume he has, like a diamond draw, just got there. Same goes for a hand like 89.. Will he play AJ, AT the same way? It's quite close and I am more inclined to fold.