Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 2:spade: J:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.50, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

River: ($8.50, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.75, fold

BB wins $8.12

vs unknown.

I thought flop was good to cbet because I don't think he's often connecting with those boards. In hindsight he's pairing somewhat rarely, but often has gutshots and flush draws.

Turn I thought was a good scare card to barrel which also gives me 4 (3 clean) outs. Unfortunately gutters hit top pair and not folding. Can get most pockets to fold though and possibly weaker Jx and of course non Ax peels should fold here too.
  • 2 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      These Jxxs boards are tricky, you think they are good for cbetting, one high card, and two low cards, but they can continue with so many hands here I'd just check/fold here oop without good BD equity (like 2OC+BDFD+BDSD, to barrel lots of turns). As played you have to barrel the turn to make 44-TT fold. Giving up on the river is fine after he called on this turn, don't think you have much FE here, as he usually folds low/mid pockets on the turn.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Board is dry so betting is standard even without backdoors

Turn: This may/may not be a good card to barrel. On one hand, it's a scarecard. On the other hand, it's really common for someone to defend all AX on such dry boards since AX has 40%+ equity vs a wide SB opening and 100% F cbetting range. So I think this Ace actually improves BB's range more than it improves ours. It's not as though we are opening from UTG where we have an Ace pair or better 40%+ of the time, here we only have an Ace around 25% of the time.

I would just fire turn with gutshots and draws, so if we had KQ and KT and QT I would fire, with your 5X i think it's fine too. But I'll give up on blank Rivers.

Thanks.