[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM TT IP v reg wet board.

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30.76)
      BB ($16.65)
      UTG ($25.35)
      UTG+1 ($26.85)
      CO ($32.31)
      Hero ($47.24)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) 7:diamond: 3:heart: 5:heart:

UTG bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

TURN ($4.35) 7:diamond: 3:heart: 5:heart: 6:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3

RIVER ($10.35) 7:diamond: 3:heart: 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $7.50, UTG folds

Hero shows T:heart: T:diamond:

Hero wins $9.88

I think I turn my hand into a bluff on the river here, there isn't much (if any) value to be had from worse hands. Villain is a weak reg and can play his A :heart: x hands like this in which case I am ahead anyway, my thought at the time was that he would have a hard time calling better pairs with my perceived range of low pairs/SC's all of which connect strongly with the board.

If the river comes a heart I check or fold to a bet. Just want to check my thought process is sound here?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      We should be thinking about vbetting aganinst worse hands instead of trying to make better hands fold. Unless you overbet, he'll never fold better hands here on this blank, after check/called on the turn. His wtsd is not too high, so I think there is no more value on the river, so we should check behind.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think we have a little too much showdown value to turn our hand into a bluff here. I would however, turn a hand like A5s/A3s into a bluff, and bet the Turn + River to fold villain off his overpairs. If we were turning 100% of our range into bluffs here, then villain would have a really easy c/c T c/c R with AA-JJ

I don't think there's value in a Turn bet, so I'll check the Turn and call a River bet.