This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QJ bluff

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.33)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($26.68)
      UTG+1 ($47.06)
      Hero ($31.48)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.10) 6:spade: 5:diamond: 7:club:

UTG+1 bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

TURN ($4.30) 6:spade: 5:diamond: 7:club: 5:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, UTG+1 raises to $8.80, Hero calls $5.80

RIVER ($21.90) 6:spade: 5:diamond: 7:club: 5:club: 4:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $9, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows J:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero wins $20.81

UTG: 42/114 fcbet 60, 113h

UTG+1

notes:

call resteal IP w K6s, no bet vs missed cbet 9fd w K hig, small raise ~2.5x my bet Q turn when another FD posbile w K high, cbh river

cold call small 3bet OOP w KQs, c/r in 3way QJxfd w TP, bet 3wya turn J paired AI
      check OOP vs fish w FH, cehck/c turn 1/2, check river - SLOWPLAYES MOSTERS VS FISH
      call 4bet IP w 96s, bet 2/3 vs mised cbet jxx w BDFD, bet turn 2/3 - SPEWS MONEY
      raise vs fish 1/2 donk in 3way - weak, folded on turn

Preflop I call because I have position and he looks very loose, and isolates fit fold fish. Don't want to 3bet, because he will call light I thin and I want to keep pot smaleer and also keep the fish.

His cbet looks weak by sizing and cbet stats. His cbet drops on tunr, so float.

On turn his c/r looks strange. From notes I see that he is capable of doing bluffs, so I call with few outs and intention to bluff river if he gives up.
      I don't think htat on turn he has overpair. Its a bluff or very strong hand. But usually people don't play with strong hands that way.
      And strong hand could be a straight, but striaght cbet more on flop.

57, 65, 67 would bet flop bigger also, so I exclude them. So really there is no strong hand, unless he plays that way.

On river I do what I planend. He can have Kx, Ax which he really should go out of line to bluff raise. And he does not know if he can call such big bet with A high, he did not see me doing big bluff yet.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think the postflop play is spewy, irregardless of reads.

Preflop - you should 3bet here. This hand is not strong enough for a call especially given starting positions.

Flop - fold flop now. Your hand is at the bottom of your range on this flop texture. Calling here means that u are continuing with 100% of your range. I prefer to raise with suh a weak hand if u felt like u had to continue and not fold to the flop bet.

Turn - maybe he doesnt rep too much with the turn cr but i would still bet fold. Dont rly see anything which indicates that he would be getting out of line in such spots.

Thanks.