FL SH 1/2 video

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hello!

I finally made a video :) I hope that it's good and that everybody enjoys watching it. I mumbled a bit and the sound isn't that good... there's a rumbling noise in the back, I think it's my computer, I'll use my head set next time.

VIDEO

If the link doesn't work, let me know.

And feel free to give any kind of feedback.
  • 10 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      It's better to put it in Self Study ;)

First hand with KQo; When he checkraises this flop we usually call his raise and then raise the turn as we do with every strong hand. You also have to valuebet the river against a 10 or a worse king. As you said he won't have a Jack very often, and the flush would have donked most likely.

1:41. K9s isn't strong enough there to raise in the BB. The range of the BU is pretty strong because he only has 7PFR, he will also limp hands like KT-KQ, A9 etc, so you are dominated quite often. KJ would be a raise for me, I don't think I would raise KT either. The board is not drawy, and because of his low PFR he can definitely have the A, so a fold would be the best on the turnraise.

4:41 Left. Fold your JTo there. JTo is a bad hand to make an isolation raise with because you don't have showdown value. Also your opponent has stats of 35/5, which gives him a lot hands that dominate you, as he only raises 5%. On top of that you are out of position, so the hand is even harder to play. A fold is the best here.

6:30 Left. You can call the raise because you have a gutshot.

8:05 Top left. Also here we play call flop - raise turn for maximum value with a strong hand. His check/raise looks strong, I can't read his stats, but I would just call it. A check/raise on the turn means that he usually has you beat. Nice valuebet on the river :)

~9:00 Top left. Betting the river doesn't make much sense as he will almost never fold a better hand.

9:50 Top left. I can't see the stats of this guy, but KJs is not a 3-bet if he doesn't raise a lot preflop. If he is unknown or TAG it is a 3-bet. Against a more passive player it's a fold.

10:35 Bottom rigt. Against unknow J7o is a fold in the BB.

13:40 Top right. I think 44 is an isolation raise here, even though I can't see his stats.

15:05 Top left. 97o is a raise first-in from the SB.

15:15 top right. QJs is a 3-bet from the big blind against the SB. The raise IP on the flop does not make sense to me, you won't have the best hand enough, and neither will he fold a lot of better hands because it is blind vs blind.

18:00 bottom left. I prefer check/call on this river, you won't make a better hand fold, but you still have showdown value and every draw missed.

18:30 bottom rigt. I don't like to coldcall 2 bets from the BB with JTs. You are dominated a lot and will have a hard time playing when you hit a pair. You also didn't get the odds for it.

19:10 Top left. If he has stats of 40/20/3 or something(?) you can call this down because he will also raise draws.

19:45 top right. I don't think this is a good board to raise the turn as a semibluff. He has a tight range and a he will not fold a lot of A highs.

20:30 bottom right. Again the standard line here is call flop - raise turn for value.

27:55 top left. QJo is not good enough for an isolation raise I think. I can't see his stats completely, but isn't he something like 30/5? 3-handed I wouldn't donkbet there, he will always make a continuation bet. You also have to bet the turn for protection. He can have a lot more cards than just the king.

29:30 Left. I just fold there, you don't get the odds and you can't call down with Q high either on this board.

A few comments on the video itself ;) Can you produce it in 1280x800 next time? Now it is hard for us to see all the stats, which could be really important. It makes the video bigger, but that's not much of a problem :)

Also in videos it is better to not open programs like Elephant when it's not completely necessary, it distracts a bit and makes it less exciting to watch :)

For the rest it was a nice video :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Thanks for the extensive commentary Yoghi :D

About the video... I'm a real screw up when it comes to technical stuff, I'll take your advise for next time :D I just opened the Elephant so I can show off my upswing a bit :D :D :D

Now I have some replys:

First hand: I didn't want to give a freecard to a flush or staright draw. Aldough I know the standard line for heads up is call flop, raise turn, but I don't like doing it when there are a lot of draws out there. What do you think about that and what would you do if a spade would come up, just call down?

6:30 I don't have outs to draw for a gut shoot, I have 1:8, don't I need like 1:10 to draw?

8:05 He he, interesting hand if you ask me. I think there are a couple of options on the turn. He could be semi bluffing the flush draw, he could be raising the turn for a freeshowdown with a pair or he could have a made hand like two pair(which I can out draw on the river with 6 outs) or trips. So I'm ahead in two cases and really behind in one. The outcome was interesting dough :D

9:50 I'm using the sliver hand chart, I think the samples are to small to actually judge...

10:35 My bad :P

13:40 Isolation raise with 44? couldn't he easily limped in a higher PP?

15:15 Yeah, I should have 3-bet preflop. On the flop I'm making a freecard raise with a weak backdoor+overcard draw. Is that wrong?

18:00 I think I can get low pairs and low PPs to fold, since if he put me on overcards the Q could be scary for him.

19:10 Got a bit confused :P :D , I agree with a calldown.

19:45 The other 4 might be scary, but yeah you're right, bad board for a semi bluff.

20:30 Again, with a flush draw I didn't want to give a freecard. Should I use the standard line even on a drawy board in a HU situation?

27:55 Again played according to the chart, sample to small, bla bla bla :D

29:30 Yeah, I said it was stupid :D :D :D

Again, thank for the feedback and I hope you'll take the time to read this also. I'll try to make a technically better one next time. And I'll try to unravel the misterys of the approx chart till then.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      nice video; it looks like everyone is running hot when someone else is watching (like Yoghi yesterday ;) ) so I'm going to record something this week too..

I really enjoyed but, just 2 problems:
      - it was hard to hear you sometimes (maybe mic problem)
      - it'd be better to record it in higher resolution as I couldn't see any stats :/

Originally posted by Yoghi
      27:55 top left. QJo is not good enough for an isolation raise I think. I can't see his stats completely, but isn't he something like 30/5? 3-handed I wouldn't donkbet there, he will always make a continuation bet. You also have to bet the turn for protection. He can have a lot more cards than just the king.
      I have no idea about stats, but Iso-Raise with QJo is OK against guys like 20/10 and 40/10 (by aprox chart) so it's close in this situation (if he was 30/5). Don't think it was big mistake pre-flop, because he had solid image so it was easier to force opponent to fold on scary board. Flop should be c/r and lead turn - you're loosing value from limper with donk flop, check turn... If BU raise turn, you can fold it because the worst hand to it would be AJ.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      A reason for playing call flop - raise turn is because it is the best way to protect against draws. On the flop draws always have a big equity, on the turn the equity is roughly halved which means you gain more per bet. He can't take a freecard in position ;) . On a I would mostly call down yes, unless I hit the straight.

6.30; Thought you got 10:1, my bad :(

8.05; You are in position, so he can't take a free showdown. Out of position I would have 3-bet aswell.

9.50; Then you should really start to play according to the approx charts, the silver chart is generalised. It works against TAGs, but it's not very good against other players. You can download databases from the german forum so you get more hands. If he's unknown you can use the silver chart, but when you have stats you should use them.

13.40: I can't read it, but I think his PFR is 15? That means he raises quite a lot of hands, and 44 will have an equity edge over him. Also it is quite easy to play postflop and you have position.

15.15: Yes it is wrong in my opinion, you never play a made hand like this, and it is a weak hand most of the time.

18.00: He has a WTS of 40+, which means that he will not fold a pair very often on such a board. On the other hand there were a lot of draws possible which could bluff at you.

20.30: You are in position, so he can't take freecards.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      He can't take a freecard in position ;)
      Ups :D

Thanks, I'll keep all of it in mind. One more thing, can you link me to the databases? I don't speak german :(
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1577 is the Pokerstars board :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1577 is the Pokerstars board :)
      Thanks. Hope I'll be able to set it up...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I just found one thing to add to Yoghi answer. :)

9:10 UL: I think even check/call is possible here at the river. Straight- and flushdraw from the flop are busted.

Nice video. :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I was thinking about that, but the pot isn't big enough in my opinion.
    • MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      Hey Dippy, nice video. You seem to be a very solid player and I hope to see more videos from you in the future.