This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Jo

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.02/$0.04
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $8.56
      CO: $2.00
      Button: $6.09
      SB: $5.42
      Hero: $5.08

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J Q
      UTG, folds, CO (poster) checks, 2 folds, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.1, CO calls.

Flop: 2 A Q ($0.22, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, CO raises to $0.52, Hero calls.

Turn: 3 ($1.26, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO is all-in $1.38, Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      First off, your preflop raise should be bigger (4xBB plus limpers = 0.04x5 = raise to 0.2) Raising so little doesn't give you a chance to take down the pot preflop.

Because you have a hand with some showdown value, I might lean towards checking this flop, instead of cbetting because you could get pushed off your hand if you get raised. Checking can also get you to a cheep showdown. By cbetting your turning your hand into a bluff because you end up folding to a big raised. I'm not sure if what I said is right though, just what I think :)

As played on the turn I'd say it's an easy fold.
    • Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      I would cbet there actually. That A is a nice scare card and gets you the pot quite often against small pocket pairs. Easy fold on the flop though, give your opponent credit for a strong hand when he raises you on the flop at 5NL :p
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      without reads i don't like the raise preflop since he is getting odds and position + i don't like to be with a marginal hand like JQo in a big pot out of position

i think flop is ok , i would bet the flop , but I'd fold to the raise on the flop since any ace is way ahead , even if he doesn't have an ace , calling here will lead us to tought decicions on the turn and the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Agree to gggeorgio. Raise more pf tp ahve additional fold equity.
      On the flop you lead out close to pot and villain re-raised. I´m sure that villain would not bluff here, so to me it is bet/fold on the flop.
      As played: fold river.