This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr Jj

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      UTG3: $2.79 - 140 bb
      MP1: $2.05 - 103 bb
      MP2: $1.75 - 88 bb
      MP3: $2.00 - 100 bb
      CO: $4.72 - 236 bb
      BU: $6.08 - 304 bb
      SB: $2.19 - 110 bb
      BB: $5.77 - 289 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 5 folds, BU raises for $0.08, Hero 3-bets $0.25, BB folds, BU calls

Flop: ($0.54 - 27 bb) 7:diamond: , 5:club: , 4:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU calls

Turn: ($1.26 - 63 bb) T:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.70, Hero calls

River: ($2.66 - 133 bb) T:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.87, Hero calls

-----

BU was a loose aggressive guy who didn't like to give up hands.
      He c/r K66 flop with AK and checked turn and river to induce. In general he was trapping with strong hands.

Preflop: 3bet for value vs his stealing range.

Flop: cbet for value and protection from his OC and lower PPs.
      Turn: I tanked and checked the turn as I wasn't sure whether to bet or not. After like 2-3s he made a bet.
      Given my read that he tries to trap with strong hands I decided that this cannot be a strong hand as he would probably check behind with QQ-TT and he would raise preflop with KK+.
      For that reason I decided to call here.
      River: I tanked again as I wasn't sure if I want to call or fold if he bets. Tc completed a possible FD and any Tx now beats me. However, it makes TT less likely.
      When I checked I decided to call as there will be more weaker hands in his range and he quickly (in like 3s) made a shove. I had already decided to call before so I called.
      I felt really confident about this play as I had this 'gut' feeling that he is bluffing due to our previous history. Not sure if this is justifiable.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that we are better off check/shoving that turn given the amount of money left behind and board texture. He can't fold any draws or pair+draw there.

As played the river is ugly because we only beat a pure bluff or 66 turned into a bluff.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan

Thanks for the evaluation!

I haven't thought about the c/shove turn option which I really like! I think it's much better than the line I took.

Thanks again.
      Dawidas
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Besides the fact that c/shove turn is the better line to take, would you consider my bluff catch on the river +EV or -EV in the long run?

I guess if we assume that it's unprofitable to bluffcatch in lower limits I think it's probably -EV.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You need 20% equity to make a profitable call there.

I think that generally, given your reads, this will be -EV at this limit on that board. Almost everything got there (draw wise) so we only really beat super random floats or small pairs turned into a bluff... and I wouldn't expect that many of those at these limits.