MP3: $2.00 - 100 bb
      CO: $4.72 - 236 bb
      BU: $6.08 - 304 bb
      SB: $2.19 - 110 bb
      BB: $5.77 - 289 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 5 folds, BU raises for $0.08, Hero 3-bets $0.25, BB folds, BU calls

Flop: ($0.54 - 27 bb) 7:diamond: , 5:club: , 4:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU calls

Turn: ($1.26 - 63 bb) T:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.70, Hero calls

River: ($2.66 - 133 bb) T:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.87, Hero calls

-----

BU was a loose aggressive guy who didn't like to give up hands.
      He c/r K66 flop with AK and checked turn and river to induce. In general he was trapping with strong hands.

Preflop: 3bet for value vs his stealing range.

Flop: cbet for value and protection from his OC and lower PPs.
      Turn: I tanked and checked the turn as I wasn't sure whether to bet or not. After like 2-3s he made a bet.
      Given my read that he tries to trap with strong hands I decided that this cannot be a strong hand as he would probably check behind with QQ-TT and he would raise preflop with KK+.
      For that reason I decided to call here.
      River: I tanked again as I wasn't sure if I want to call or fold if he bets. Tc completed a possible FD and any Tx now beats me. However, it makes TT less likely.
      When I checked I decided to call as there will be more weaker hands in his range and he quickly (in like 3s) made a shove. I had already decided to call before so I called.
      I felt really confident about this play as I had this 'gut' feeling that he is bluffing due to our previous history. Not sure if this is justifiable.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that we are better off check/shoving that turn given the amount of money left behind and board texture. He can't fold any draws or pair+draw there.

As played the river is ugly because we only beat a pure bluff or 66 turned into a bluff.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan

Thanks for the evaluation!

I haven't thought about the c/shove turn option which I really like! I think it's much better than the line I took.

Thanks again.
      Dawidas
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Besides the fact that c/shove turn is the better line to take, would you consider my bluff catch on the river +EV or -EV in the long run?

I guess if we assume that it's unprofitable to bluffcatch in lower limits I think it's probably -EV.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You need 20% equity to make a profitable call there.

I think that generally, given your reads, this will be -EV at this limit on that board. Almost everything got there (draw wise) so we only really beat super random floats or small pairs turned into a bluff... and I wouldn't expect that many of those at these limits.