MP3: $0.76 - 38 bb
      CO: $0.74 - 37 bb
      BU: $0.50 - 25 bb
      SB: $1.77 - 89 bb
      BB: $2.03 - 102 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 3:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), UTG3 calls, 5 folds, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.06 - 3 bb) T:club: , 3:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 Players)
      SB bets $0.06, Hero calls, UTG3 calls

Turn: ($0.24 - 12 bb) 2:heart: (3 Players)
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls, UTG3 folds

River: ($0.60 - 30 bb) A:heart: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.28, Hero calls

UTG3 was loose passive. SB was unknown but judging from the stack size I categorized him as a bad player, possibly loose passive.

Preflop: freeplay.

Flop: SB donk bets and I just call as by raising I would isolate myself vs stronger hands as the flop is very dry.
      Turn: though the board got a little bit more scary I still opted to call as by raising my hand would be face up and I don't see how a T could call here. Even having in mind that players are loose passive.
      River: I considered raising but I decided not to as it seemed a lot like a line that 3x would take.
      In retrospect, raising the river may not have been such a bad idea as I could get a loose call from Ax, Tx which don't want to fold. Flushes and straights are highly unlikely.

All in all, I think I should have raised the river or, possibly, even the turn.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Do you really think that it would isolate you just against stronger hands?

You imply villain is fishy given his stack (which I agree with you) so why would he fold a pair on such a board? It almost never happens, especially for Tx hands.

So I would raise for pure value there.

Same on the turn, I can't see how you classify him as a fish and expect him to fold a Tx to a raise on such a dry board.

And now, when Tx becomes a second pair you think that a raise is good because you think Tx doesn't want to fold? Things don't add up there :)

Although I don't disagree that if we raise small Tx won't really fold the river and given his bet sizings he is very likely to hold a Tx.

All in all I think you lost a ton of value in this hand.
    • Dawidas888
      Hi Bogdan

It's funny how I can sometimes miss such obvious things :f_biggrin: thanks for the correction. I agree that next time I should raise for value vs a fish.