MP3: $4.47 - 224 bb
      CO: $2.46 - 123 bb
      BU: $5.00 - 250 bb
      SB: $3.00 - 150 bb
      BB: $2.00 - 100 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), MP2 folds, MP3 raises for $0.06, 3 folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) A:diamond: , 3:club: , 2:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks

Turn: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks

River: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) J:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP3 raises for $0.30, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled back ($0.22)

-----

MP3 is relatively unknown TAG player.

Preflop: I was advised previously to 3bet bluff with this hand against MP3 OR. However, I feel more comfortable playng this hand OoP in a lower pot and I think that by raising I isolate myself vs a stronger part of MP3's range whereas I could dominate some of his hands if I just call.

Flop: was going to c/call. No need to raise as I would isolate myself vs stronger hands.

Turn: I think I should have made a bet here. Was expecting the opponent to make a delayed cbet if he just checked with his medium made hands. I thinking betting here is more profitable as I will be called by KK-44 very often.

River: finally made a value bet. Against a raise however, I don't think I have the right odds to call as his line seems very strong. It's unlikely that he turned a PP into a bluff or made a stone called bluff.
      Vs his value range I am also beat. The most possible hand here is JJ or J9. I think my fold was correct here as I don't see him ever bluffing here.
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      3bet pre-flop to gain initiative. This is one of the examples of a hand that is so hard to play oop. Now you made TP and you still had no clue how to act against him.

3-bet pre, and as played I'd prefer to donk the turn, if not the flop already as many weak opponents just check-back on ahi-board without Ace.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: You are playing a 6 handed game which means that his range could be wider than what you are used to. Playing OOP, especially without info and an offsuite hand is not easy so 3-betting is definitely the easier play. However, calling isn't terrible either.

Postflop: I think that checking the turn at these limits is a mistake. You want to bet for value because most likely villain is checking back all pairs and draws (diamonds).

As played river bet/fold is actually fine. He reps only JJ but he will almost always have it.