This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AQo

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP2: $2.20 - 110 bb
      MP3: $4.47 - 224 bb
      CO: $2.46 - 123 bb
      BU: $5.00 - 250 bb
      SB: $3.00 - 150 bb
      BB: $2.00 - 100 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), MP2 folds, MP3 raises for $0.06, 3 folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) A:diamond: , 3:club: , 2:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks

Turn: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks

River: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) J:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP3 raises for $0.30, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled back ($0.22)

-----

MP3 is relatively unknown TAG player.

Preflop: I was advised previously to 3bet bluff with this hand against MP3 OR. However, I feel more comfortable playng this hand OoP in a lower pot and I think that by raising I isolate myself vs a stronger part of MP3's range whereas I could dominate some of his hands if I just call.

Flop: was going to c/call. No need to raise as I would isolate myself vs stronger hands.

Turn: I think I should have made a bet here. Was expecting the opponent to make a delayed cbet if he just checked with his medium made hands. I thinking betting here is more profitable as I will be called by KK-44 very often.

River: finally made a value bet. Against a raise however, I don't think I have the right odds to call as his line seems very strong. It's unlikely that he turned a PP into a bluff or made a stone called bluff.
      Vs his value range I am also beat. The most possible hand here is JJ or J9. I think my fold was correct here as I don't see him ever bluffing here.
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      3bet pre-flop to gain initiative. This is one of the examples of a hand that is so hard to play oop. Now you made TP and you still had no clue how to act against him.

3-bet pre, and as played I'd prefer to donk the turn, if not the flop already as many weak opponents just check-back on ahi-board without Ace.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: You are playing a 6 handed game which means that his range could be wider than what you are used to. Playing OOP, especially without info and an offsuite hand is not easy so 3-betting is definitely the easier play. However, calling isn't terrible either.

Postflop: I think that checking the turn at these limits is a mistake. You want to bet for value because most likely villain is checking back all pairs and draws (diamonds).

As played river bet/fold is actually fine. He reps only JJ but he will almost always have it.