RIVER ($6.67) 4:heart: 3:club: K:spade: 6:spade: J:diamond:

BB checks
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Acetbfish,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Despite the board being dry and his raise not too big I think we should still bet/fold versus an unknown opponent.

Was there any reason as to why you were expecting him to bluff?
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      It's just that I couldn't find any hand that beats me. I don't think he check-raises on such a dry board 33, 44, and he probably 3bets pre AK, KK. So, I thought that he is probably doing that with a draw or with KQ, KJ.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      It's just that I couldn't find any hand that beats me. I don't think he check-raises on such a dry board 33, 44, and he probably 3bets pre AK, KK. So, I thought that he is probably doing that with a draw or with KQ, KJ.
      It's still NL2, fish are excited to get a hand and turn raise is exploitable --> better to raise AK/KQ/33/44 etc, you could have 56 and get past!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by acetbfish
      BTN vs BB we can also expect some K3/K4 suited (but not many combos) and sets can raise this small to keep you in. And since we have no info even some slowplayed AK are possible.

All in all, since people are generally passive and don't raise thin for value here, and they don't bluff much, I would not be too thrilled to call here.