[NL20-NL50] NL25 K9s in BB, BU open minraise

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $26.71 (106.8 bb)
      SB: $28.08 (112.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $52.40 (209.6 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $27.04 (108.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 K
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($4.60) 4 7 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.06, BTN calls $3.06

Turn: ($10.72) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

River: ($22.72) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11.36, Hero calls $11.36

I have only 178 hands villain. villain plays 39/20/5.8 with positional PFR stats of 11/4/33/65/80

he has only 43% fold to 3bet pre (7 hands)

I think we can make some allowance with the fact that I have very few hands and think that he is at least reasonably aware of position and that he is rather loose preflop

he has an AFq of 37 overall and and F/T/R of 43/31/29 but again very few hands to be reliable post flop

which the sample I have he folds 73% to cbet but I have 0 sample in 3bet pot

I think K9s is a good hand to 3bet pre OOP vs BU open especially vs such a wide open. However I might not need to raise so big.

OTF I hit top pair so I can bet for value, he can call me with over cards, lower pair, tp lower kicker, his range is pretty wide and open still.

Turn A is a perfect bluff card so I don't think I get much respect by barreling so I am barreling for value.

I think the river is close, i was think i could triple barrel for value as the A gives him less chance to have it. On the other hand at the time I thought of giving him a chance to bluff in case he was giving me some credit. So I checked in the aim of calling any bet. His range on a bet been very polarized and very bluff heavy. However I did not like at all his bet size, I was hoping for either tiny of shove. When he bet that much I reluctantly followed up with my plan and called.

thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      almost forgot:

he insta-bet the river which I thought is normally bluffy but on the other hand I took my time to check which probably gave him time to think and bet
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: So you are 3betting K9s for value? Seems a little thin to me. I think you can just call. Since we are in the BB, we don't really need to 3bet this vs the fish. In SB or in earlier positions I would 3bet though, but that's mainly for isolation purposes to keep the other players out of the pot.

Flop: Easy bet

Turn: I don't like betting here. We cannot go for 3 streets of value so we should start pot controlling now. You don't need to bet here for balance vs a fish, though you should vs a good reg.

River: All the draws missed and it's not too likely he has an Ace when it pairs on the River. And I don't expect him to value bet thinly on the River so I think this is a call.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      thank you sir