DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $27.80
      Hero (UTG): $10.40
      CO: $15.74
      BTN: $19.31
      SB: $17.65

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :club: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 4 :club: T :heart: A :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65, BB folds

Turn: ($2.25) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $7.10, Hero folds

I post this hand because of a later line the fish took versus me. I'm now wondering what his hand-range is given this later read. Here are his stats:

56/25 on 32 hands, 28% flop Aggression, 33% turn (9), 43% river (7) 4/5 fold to Cbet IP and 5/6 total fold vs Cbet

Read(lengthened version of my shorthand):
      2.5x 3Bet AJo COvsHJ min Open,
      1/3potsize CBet 3way 664rainbow Flop,
      1/5potsizeBet vs BB 5cc Turn,
      4/3potsizeOverBet vs Check on Kx River
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Folding without reads is not a mistake in spots like this. I think we generally see some 2p that don't want to see a river and rarely sets (given bet size).

Even with the other read that he is capable of bluffing on scare cards with overbets wouldn't help us make a call here. We know that he is capable of folding to cbets and that turn is far from a scarecard.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Would you agree that the following hand shows us that a big bet size makes it possible his jam range is more polarised rather than just wider?

I ask because I was wondering if he might be overvaluing AQ and AJ as well as jamming say AT and A7. This is what I wondered when the later hand happened.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Would you agree that the following hand shows us that a big bet size makes it possible his jam range is more polarised rather than just wider?

I ask because I was wondering if he might be overvaluing AQ and AJ as well as jamming say AT and A7. This is what I wondered when the later hand happened.
      Generally speaking I would assume his range is polarized unless we see other things.

Polarized to the top of his range and the bottom of his range. I wouldn't expect him to overplay AQ and AJ in this situation even without the second read.